Smer 1/72 LeO 451

W

wbk666

Sprayed to camo freehand last night, vallejo model airs dark green and dark earth

W

wbk666

a coat of clear and decals added, made a start on the weathering but not sure where the exhausts are and so where the stains should be.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Fantastic progress Wayne. I did a search and the Leo 451 was powered by the Gnome-Rhone 14N 14-cylinder two-row radial engine. Looking at photos on the internet the exhaust stains seem to appear around the engine behind the cowls. This would indicate that the engines on the LeO 451 possibly consisted of independant exhaust stacks for each bank of cylinders. Best seen on the profiles on these pages: WINGS PALETTE - Liore et Olivier LeO 45/451 - Germany (Nazi) WINGS PALETTE - Liore et Olivier LeO 45/451 - France

Hope this helps Wayne, this is a fantastic build.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wbk666

completed aircraft

not too tricky to build in the end apart from the undercarriage.

That huge cannon on its back still looks wrong though.

First Name
Dave
Great looking build Wayne.I see what you mean about the cannon though.

C

CDW

Nice build and nice weathering.

As far as the gun, it does look out of place a bit.

I looked at some Lioré-et-Olivier LeO 45 pictures on t'interweb and they give the impression that the main assembly of the gun was further in the cockpit area and the barrel lay flat on the fuselage when not in use.

At the end of the day though it's a plane and i know diddly-squat about them and any of the varients. :smiling3:

M

mobear

i thought i had written about this build(but you know what thought did?lol)personally i love this quirky plane,and the big gun well i think its great,what with necessity and all that,(throw on a big gun that should keep the enemy off),thats a magnificent paint job and excellent build

mobear