SMLE No.1 MkIII

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
thats a late smelly!

any chance of pics of any other markings?. im wondering if its a Lithgow produced one

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Have one of those, makes a great deer rifle with hollow point ammo.
Mine don't have the muzzle cap, and only fits the austere spike bayonet.

wm_11362429.jpg

J

Jay-BFG

OMG, an actual pic of the elusive Mr T (or is it?)
Good to “see” you again Simon

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Paul - dated 1951. Proof certificate states South Africa. Will post some pics of the markings for you when I get a chance

Jim - yours looks like a No.4. The only way I could hunt deer with mine is to creep up and smack them on the head with it - it is deactivated to make it legal

Hi Jay - yes, that is the back of my noggin. Much more photogenic than the front. Pics were taken a few years ago to show how hands and arms need to be positioned when carrying the thing in various positions

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Lovely! I'm saving up to get a live one as soon as my firearms ticket comes through. Had a shot with a mint condition 1918 SMLE a few weeks back. I was grinning for the rest of the day!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul - dated 1951. Proof certificate states South Africa. Will post some pics of the markings for you when I get a chance

Enfields were never made in South Africa.....that might be just where it came from before it was deactivated

ive just blown up the pic of the wristguard and can see it says GRI......that makes it Indian......made at Ishapore