Smythemeister`s Quick fix Mustang,,,,,,,, Fixed!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
And it's about time.....I was almost in hibernation for the winter, in which case you wouldn't have gotten a peep out of me till Spring!! ;) All kidding aside, the dog's was well earned. So it's a tanky thing now and a wing thing ta boot.....you, Sir, are a glutton for punishment! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Smithy thats a bueaty of a stang an i like very much indeed but this is not critiusum of your stang but just an obsevation but regards the stars an bars on both wings is that correct ? as ive only seen yank planes with the decal on the left wing an on the underside of the right wing
chrisb

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very well done. That is quite a splendid Mustang. Forget tracks and turrets, you just became a time served aircraft builder.
Thanks very much Colin.... very good of you to say so :smiling3:
My 1/48 aircraft stash has grown from zero at the beginning of the year, to 20 plus now,(and a 1/35 Glider too),so there'll be a fairly steady output of Wingy things from me for a while. ;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
And it's about time.....I was almost in hibernation for the winter, in which case you wouldn't have gotten a peep out of me till Spring!! ;) All kidding aside, the dog's was well earned. So it's a tanky thing now and a wing thing ta boot.....you, Sir, are a glutton for punishment! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2:
Cheers Rick,glad I got it in before your "Big Sleep"!! ;)
Thanks for that,I did enjoy it, despite some minor decal issues.yep,a plane,a tank and even some figures thrown in too,all at the same time,well...... variety is the spice of life eh?...... Apparently!! :smiling3:
HI Smithy thats a bueaty of a stang an i like very much indeed but this is not critiusum of your stang but just an obsevation but regards the stars an bars on both wings is that correct ? as ive only seen yank planes with the decal on the left wing an on the underside of the right wing
chrisb
Morning "Eagle eyed Chris"!! ;)
I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that...... :smiling3:
You are spot on mate,it SHOULD only have one said decal on top and bottom,and it clearly showed that fact in the instructions , however I read it,took it on board and..... promptly completely forgot the fact and shoved one on each wing!! :sad: I realised it later on,but,after the hassle I had trying to remove a rogue decal on the tail fin,I just left it :smiling3:
Andy,( The one who NEARLY got away with it!!) ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nice Andy you’ve done a cracking job. I like the colour scheme too :smiling4:

Geoff.
Thanks Geoff :smiling3:
It's pretty colourful isn't it! First time I've done anything predominantly Silver,sure does stand out among the rest of the stuff in my cabinet ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cheers Rick,glad I got it in before your "Big Sleep"!! ;)
Thanks for that,I did enjoy it, despite some minor decal issues.yep,a plane,a tank and even some figures thrown in too,all at the same time,well...... variety is the spice of life eh?...... Apparently!! :smiling3:

Morning "Eagle eyed Chris"!! ;)
I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that...... :smiling3:
You are spot on mate,it SHOULD only have one said decal on top and bottom,and it clearly showed that fact in the instructions , however I read it,took it on board and..... promptly completely forgot the fact and shoved one on each wing!! :sad: I realised it later on,but,after the hassle I had trying to remove a rogue decal on the tail fin,I just left it :smiling3:
Andy,( The one who NEARLY got away with it!!) ;)
HI AGAIN Smithy but cant you get decal remover ? an sorry but your other correct side decal is on upside down an this such a bueatfull plane such a shame ask barry as i should think he would know if decal remover is out to buy ATB Smithy an keep them planes comin as i enjoyed lookin at your work
chrisb

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
HI AGAIN Smithy but cant you get decal remover ? an sorry but your other correct side decal is on upside down an this such a bueatfull plane such a shame ask barry as i should think he would know if decal remover is out to buy ATB Smithy an keep them planes comin as i enjoyed lookin at your work
chrisb
Really?!...
Nevermind mate,I ain't that bothered to be honest......
... Each plane build I do is a learning curve...and for fun,so I'll just leave as is. :smiling3: