Which kit to build next?

• Total voters

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK then Chaps,
I don`t usually do this,but i`m nearing the finishing post with my 2nd Vietnam Dio,and fancy a short break before starting the 3rd one,therefore,i`m looking towards my next build....
.... It needs to be something a bit different for me,a return to WW2,and NOT American....a small,quick and uncomplicated build....that will just require a tiny base to set it off :thumb2: ,
I`ve looked at the stash and narrowed it down to a few,i`d like to hear if anyone has a particular favourite,each holds my interest,but a popular vote,somehow,appeals to me!........
1st up.....
IMG20211010160519.jpg
ere`s the 2nd......
IMG20211010160628.jpg
and lastly.... Number 3...
IMG20211010160558.jpg
So,no worries if you`re not interested,just thought it`d be interesting to see what tweeks people`s fancy!!:thumb2:
Cheers for now,
Andy

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
OK then Chaps,
I don`t usually do this,but i`m nearing the finishing post with my 2nd Vietnam Dio,and fancy a short break before starting the 3rd one,therefore,i`m looking towards my next build....
.... It needs to be something a bit different for me,a return to WW2,and NOT American....a small,quick and uncomplicated build....that will just require a tiny base to set it off :thumb2: ,
I`ve looked at the stash and narrowed it down to a few,i`d like to hear if anyone has a particular favourite,each holds my interest,but a popular vote,somehow,appeals to me!........
1st up.....
View attachment 435967
ere`s the 2nd......
View attachment 435968
and lastly.... Number 3...
View attachment 435969
So,no worries if you`re not interested,just thought it`d be interesting to see what tweeks people`s fancy!!:thumb2:
Cheers for now,
Andy
Well, it certainly wouldn't be that rather camp SNCO (Sergeant Goodman methinks!) ... or his adoring No. 2!
Steve

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well, it certainly wouldn't be that rather camp SNCO (Sergeant Goodman methinks!) ... or his adoring No. 2!
Steve

Rather harsh of you there Steve.... he`s not Camp.... He`s just a very naughty boy!!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
As for his Number 2.... well.... "Number 2" say`s it all.... although it`s a good looking kit !!
Andy

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I went the other way Mr. Smiff, I took the middle road and want to see the Steyr....Why, you ask???.....It only has 3 figgies to paint. The Chi-Ha only has one and a half and that's too easy-peasy. The Bren has 5 and that would probably stress you out to no end and/or kill that bottle of Jack on the shelf Buddy!!!............

Prost
Allen (Ret.)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I went the other way Mr. Smiff, I took the middle road and want to see the Steyr....Why, you ask???.....It only has 3 figgies to paint. The Chi-Ha only has one and a half and that's too easy-peasy. The Bren has 5 and that would probably stress you out to no end and/or kill that bottle of Jack on the shelf Buddy!!!............

Prost
Allen (Ret.)
Alan Sir!!
That is a shocking way to look at it:flushed:.:tears-of-joy:.....
Figures,i do admit,take me a while,HOWEVER ,they don`t phase me anymore.(If you`d seen my first Vietnam Dio!),so it`s just the vehicles these days........
..... and i`m always up for a fight!!:thumb2:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Rather harsh of you there Steve.... he`s not Camp.... He`s just a very naughty boy!!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
As for his Number 2.... well.... "Number 2" say`s it all.... although it`s a good looking kit !!
Andy
Harsh but fair
Andy
Perhaps his name is Bwian - (!) however, standing like that will give you warts on your hips - and a 'word' from the Rasman (RSM, or Regimental Sergeant Major (aka God) for the uninitiated!) :worried: ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Kommandeurwagen for me andy , i like the look of it , like a VW beetle thats been working out ! The spidery green and brown camo looks great too . Cheers tony

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve voted for the Type 97 Chi-Ha, as Japanese tanks are very rarely built. And that Tamiya Universal Carrier is very long in the tooth :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The Bren for me as not seen you build much British stuff Andy .

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy CHI-HA please lots of nuts and bolts and well removed from the stuff usually built on here(please im not dissing anyone but nice to see something a bit diffrent) if worst comes to worst then the STEYR but top down in panzer grey at the end of its tether. I like panzer gray one of thoes open to interpretation mine I go for the faded levi look ,what ever Andy always fun to follow your builds so sooner rather than later please. Dave

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ta Simon.
Kommandeurwagen for me andy , i like the look of it , like a VW beetle thats been working out ! The spidery green and brown camo looks great too . Cheers tony
Hi Tony,
Yeah it certainly has the look of a Beetle on Steroids!!:thumb2:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I’ve voted for the Type 97 Chi-Ha, as Japanese tanks are very rarely built. And that Tamiya Universal Carrier is very long in the tooth :smiling3:
Total agree on both points there Jakko,
However,as a total break from the Vietnam scenarios,either one will fit the bill!;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The Bren for me as not seen you build much British stuff Andy .
Cheers John:thumb2:,
I went through a spate of building up my British section of my stash when i scratched the Searchlight /Generator stuff to go with the Bofors,(that Dio,BTW,is still a WIP!!:sad:),
Unfortunately all i`ve actually completed in my entire modelling time is a Staghound on a small base!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy CHI-HA please lots of nuts and bolts and well removed from the stuff usually built on here(please im not dissing anyone but nice to see something a bit diffrent) if worst comes to worst then the STEYR but top down in panzer grey at the end of its tether. I like panzer gray one of thoes open to interpretation mine I go for the faded levi look ,what ever Andy always fun to follow your builds so sooner rather than later please. Dave
Evenin` Dave,
Great to hear from you,and thanks for your comments.... too kind Sir!!:smiling4:......
.... Let`s see how your thinking turns out?!!
Andy