hi there all. next step done! positioned all the rubble around and inside the building. dirty rough rubble outside and varnished rubble inside. the bricks i made from small cuttings of foam. the same foam used for the building walls (pizza base stuff like Ron says, basically). the wood is the rest of the craft wood i used for the floor boards (from wee craft shop). and there's a few small bits of bent wire thrown in there too. i squeezed thick mounds of filler first in the suitable areas of choice, then stuck the bricks and wood in it in the positions i felt looked right, then left it all to harden. when the inside building stuff had hardened i then laid in the table and door (i haven't glued them in yet, i'll do that after i've painted it). i also added tiny door hinges to the door frame.
next move is to paint all the rubble up. it'll be a hard and careful job trying to get into all the wee cracks and crevices but i'll give it a good bash. then i'll brush some glue into some of the gaps and on the ground and throw some dirt and small stones onto it. things are going well. i'm getting more and more happy with how it's all turning out.
forgot to mention... i'm not going to add in the chair i built i just feel there enough stuff crammed in there with the table and door. shame really, but wot the hey! i'll maybe keep it for something else.
anyone small that visits the house ,lol. real small!!! lol
thats me painted up all the rubble. finished it of with some glue brushed into the gaps then covered with dirt. varnished the puddle areas to try and make them have a watery shine. all in all i think it's came together well. i'm going to paint some small 'cafe' writing onto each side of the building, then it's on with the job of painting the sniper.
morning fellow enthusiasts. i've now got the 'cafe' sign writing on the building wall. for this i cut out a small stencil. then postioned it in place. i then used spraypaint to carefully paint the stencil on. i found this easier than hand painting and it has a nice clean finish. after that i washed over the writing with a bit of grey to fade out the sign a bit. just did it on one wall, as i felt the other wall was busy enough.
now i've moved on to my sniper. i'm going to post up quite a few pics of this through the stages. my figure painting is by no means perfect (i'm still learning each time) but though some folk might be interested. the first pics are of the first coats of colour on the figure.
next step on my figure was to paint a lighter shade of flesh tone onto the face and hands (trying mostly to just paint the prominent areas, leaving it dark in the eyes and around the nose) also carefully painting on the hair (with nice sideburns, lol) and eyebrows (which always help give character), grey onto the cap, lighter shades onto the trousers and gaiters, then of course, start to paint the splinter camo.
next step on my figure was to add very light flesh tone to just the very prominent face areas (the cheekbones, edge of nose, chin, top of lip, ears and just at the edge of the eyes), it looks a bit rough at the mo, probably coz it's acrylics (i'm thinking of starting to try oils) but i'll work a wee bit more into it and hopefully fade it all together. then i finished of the camo pattern. made a start to some of the equipment, and then decided that a little scarf round the neck would look good (it also covered a bit at the back of the neck where the head didn't fit right, i used a head from the bicycle figure kit). for this i just glued a bit of khaki wool (from an army jumper, lol) round the neck, leaving a wee bit hanging at the front.