"sniper elite"

R

rogue-one

hello people. glad to be back in a group build. my fingers have been itchy. and i've been looking forward to this one (had my sniper figure kit for months, i think i'll have to wipe the dust off it, lol). well, to be honest, it's not gonna be anything wild and adventurous. i haven't done any building or house scratch builds before so this will be new to me. i'm gonna to a small diorama or maybe it would be classed as a larger vignette. my idea is based on a game console/pc game that i've been enjoying over the past year or so, called "sniper elite". nothing really about the game, just my sniper painted up like the character poised at the window of a ruined building (or at least part of it). a bit of inspiration and visual taken from the game.to do this i may have to play the game all over again (especially seen as i've just got a new home cinema projector hooked up to the console,lol, nice!), so dont be suprised if i take a while doing this gb :smiling3: i've all ready had a look at everyone elses and my build looks like it maybe very similar to adrian's diorama, just smaller.

View attachment 38981

View attachment 38982

View attachment 38983

View attachment 38984

SAM_0607.jpg

SAM_0608.jpg

SAM_0603.jpg

SAM_0604.jpg

J

John Huggins

Nice one Bobby sounds cool, i to have enjoyed this game & spent many days lost in the world of the sniper.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great to see you're joining in the fun Bobby.

It doesn't have to be complicated as long as you have fun making it...

Good luck with the build and post some progress pictures soon!

Cheers,

Ron

Forgot to add, I've played 'sniper elite' on my playstation, twice, and each time I've had 'Corrupted data' at exactly the same part of the game......The bit where you are up against 3 A.I. enemy snipers hidden in the rubble, so I have never finished the game....It's in my games drawer, so I might just risk having another bash!!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rogue-one

cheers john. cheers ron. and aye ron, u should defo have a play again. u should maybe take it back and change it or buy a new copy (it's older now so might be cheap). i think it's worth while coz there's lots of good levels after the bit with 3 snipers and it gets a bit more interactive. as for my build, i dont know where to start, lol. got myself some card and thin polystrene card stuff from the art store so i'll sit back and figure out how my building will look and then get handy with the craft knife. then post some picks up soon. as hans lander says in "inglourious b*sterds".. "ooooh isn't this exciting!" ha ha haa, sorry, i just watched that again last night, lol, and still repeating lines from the film.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Glad to see you join the fun Bobby.

Simple is good, so don't feel intimidated by the construction site's in this GB lol. And you are way a head of me. I have yet to find a victim, I mean subject.

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bobby, thanks for trying to re-kindle my enthusiasm for 'Sniper Elite'...I might just risk another go at it, 'cos I would really like to finish it!

Nice, simple subject for your 'entry' for this G.B.

As Ian rightly points out 'Simple is good'.. Complicated dio's can find the eye wandering all over, where a simple vignette can have far more impact.

Plenty of time for a plan anyways!

Cheers,

Ron

P

Polux

Hi Bobby!!! Still here???

I wish you all the best!

Polux

R

rogue-one

hi guys. sorry i've not posted the start of this yet. got caught up in work. so havn't actually found time to make a start :sad:

hopefully will soon. but i'd like to ask, to help get me on my way, what's a good material to use for the walls of my building?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would suggest that you have a look at Rons Pizza box farm buildings. Cheap, tasty and it would seem that you can build just about anything from them!!!

Slabs of plaster are also a good one to carve and chip.

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bobby, as Ian states, I use the polystyrene bases which Pizzas sit on in their boxes!

Take a look at John Huggins Sniper build too. He uses 'poly' and perfectly shows what can be carved into the stuff.

If you don't fancy pizzas, get up in the loft and use all that luuuurvly packing your massive T.V. came in!lol. Just get a hacksaw blade and cut it into sheets, whatever thickness you require.

Cheers,

Ron

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looking forward to seein this come along ive got some zvezda figures coming my way so interested how they look when built

geegad

R

rogue-one

about time

on your marks, get set, GO!!! and he's late out the gates. ha ha. ok, i've finally got this going now. lazy me. i'm off to a start. got some poly from 2 big breakfast plates. yum yum. ate them within a few days, lol. i felt they where a bit slim so i've used cuttings to make it a double thick wall. i think this works good coz it makes it look like a double brick wall and helps make the destruction of it look better. i've marked out the areas of brick wall that will be showing through the plaster. i will carefully cut into the the marks to give the brick work a 3D effect.then cover the other areas in plaster. then paint it all up. after that i'll start to add the window frames and ledges and door frame, then put together the floor boarding of the first floor level (i've got some nice thin easily cutable model wood from the art shop). it took me a while but i'v e got it rocking now :smiling3:

View attachment 40688

View attachment 40689

View attachment 40690

View attachment 40691

View attachment 40692

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

Last edited:
J

John Huggins

Nice one Bobby, looking very good i'll be watching this one.

John

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looking really good Bobby.

I do like the double walls that you have created, you must have the patience of a saint to inscribe all those bricks not only on the outside but the inside too!

I'll enjoy watching this dio come to life.

Tony.

R

rogue-one

thanks guys. tony, i dont really have the patience of a saint, the brick work in the inside was a practice bit, lol. but it does seem to look good there.

R

rogue-one

got a bit more done today. put together the floor boarding for ground and first floor levels. the wood i got works perfectly and will varnish up good 2. also put together the figure. i used the cap and head from my german bicycle kit figures and added that into my sniper figure kit to make up a suitable styled sniper. next i'll cover the front of the building in plaster (leaving some of the brick work showing through), get to work on the window and door frames and find something good to use for the pavement.

View attachment 40787

View attachment 40788

View attachment 40789

View attachment 40790

View attachment 40791

View attachment 40792

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

DSCF0076.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

P

Polux

Looking very nice Bobby!!

And the sniper is so interesting!!

Regards

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
WooHoo, I like this.

Can't wait to see this one painted up.

Tony.

R

rogue-one

a whole weekend of free time to get stuck into this, it's been good. and i'm becoming more happy and confident with this dio, (as at first i really wasn't sure where to start). 2day i fixed in the windows, door frames and ledges, i'll add some smashed glass closer to the end. i've also made up a pathment. i'll add some curb stones next, then plaster it all down onto the base (which i'm cutting to size now), then plaster the front of the walls (like mentioned in last post).

View attachment 40821

View attachment 40822

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg