"sniper elite"

R

rogue-one

right, i've got the building walls covered in plaster. i've also added a broken drain-pipe to the front wall with a small drain opening on the ground. i thought about making a drain cover but then thought 'it's war time, there probably wouldn't be one'. but what do you think? should i add one? i've also posted a pic of the base to my dio. you can see the ground with the curb stones added to pathment and my strange technique of doing the pebbles road, which is basically just putting small drops of glue (left to harden) onto the wood. this will hopefully look good when painted up with the dirt thrown on top. i've made a small frame for the base too. i'll post pics up soon as the glues set and i've gave it a varnish. downloaded some great 1940's wall paper too. (this was from a dolls house website) hopefully it prints out nice and clearly at the right size. i'll fix it to the inside walls and figure out whats next :smiling3:

View attachment 40877

View attachment 40882

View attachment 40883

View attachment 40884

DSCF0084.jpg

DSCF00854.jpg

1930-40_22.jpg

1930-40_6.jpg

J

John Huggins

Looking cool Bobby.

coming along nicley, i'll be watching this one.

John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bobby, this is looking really summat now. Cracking scratch building. I'm well impressed.

Good to read you're having a bash at making things for nowt too. Great fun isn't it?

Yakface (Tony) and me would be happy to have you join the scroungers club anytime....

Keep those pictures coming.

Ron

R

rogue-one

cheers ron, being new to this, i am grateful for the compliment. and i am more than happy to be in the scroungers club, lol. cheep, cheep, cheep, or for nothing at all, thats what i say. i'll dive throu my bin more often, lol.

R

rogue-one

ok, now i've varnish the frame i made for the base. came out nice. i've also varnished the floor boarding in the building. i've only done the top of the boards and left the rest, i feel the rest would be plain in real life, so, i don't think it needs anything. it will be dirty'd up and covered in soot in the end anyway. i've also added the wallpaper that i got, think it looks good. and i've glued in a light switch with cable and a light fitting to the ceiling. ohh, and also added skirting to the bottom of the walls and painted it white with the window frames too.

View attachment 40948

View attachment 40949

View attachment 40950

DSCF0088.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

R

rogue-one

few days past and havn't got that much done. but i have put the base coats down on the building front and on the figure. also thought it would be a good touch to make it look like a painting was hanging on the wall, so i stuck a wee sticker to the the wallpaper then wiped my dirty finger around it (my fingers not always dirty, i rubbed it in dust, lol). next step is to build a door, then batter on with the painting.

View attachment 41084

View attachment 41085

View attachment 41086

View attachment 41087

DSCF0091.jpg

DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looking good Bobby, looking good indeed mate.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bobby, I've not been around for a couple of weeks so it's great to see your progress.

This looks really well. The detail is superb, yet you still managed to incorporate that knocked about effect.

Very well done thus far.

Ron

R

rogue-one

thanks guys. sadly, i've not had the chance to progress more. been caught up in work and now xmas chaos. but i'll post some work up soon.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
the figure is looking good bud and the wall paper will fit in just right keeping my eye on the wall papering when you finished this model you can come round and do my dinning room if you want !!!!!! lol

R

rogue-one

ha ha haaaaa haaa, it might take a heck of a lot of this scale model paper to do your dinning room walls tho! i charge by the hour! lol

R

rogue-one

finally back to building!

hello there everyone. i hope you all had a great xmas and new year! now the madness is over i've been able to do a bit more work on my build. and i think i understand the look i'm going for. it's coming together and my vision is stronger. i've pretty much finished the building now and think it's looking good. i've painted up the walls, added some weathering, the burnt look. i actually decided to set fire to the floor boarding and quickly blow it out. i thought this was an easier way to give it a burnt bombed look. the burnt out look on the windows was done with charcoal wiped on it with a damp brush. i add in the window framing and broken glass (quite a fiddly job, lol). then painted up the tiled ground and cobbled road, i also left some dirty paint stained glue to the path and road to try and make it look like there is puddles left after rain. finally i added a few bullet holes across the wall ( i am also going to stick on a french propaganda poster with french resistance graffiti written over it).

i later decided that as well as rubble in and out the house, it would be nice to have some furniture, so i got to work on making a few bits. a door, a table (i set fire to the table too, was getting a bit carried away with it, lol) and a chair. just quickly done with some small bits of wood (manly matches, lol). i'll glue this inside the building with all the brick rubble next (as soon as i cut out and paint some bricks and broken floor beams).

then lastly, i put together my little bike (this will be laying in the rubble outside the building). it's a great bicycle (by tamiya) but i didn't like the way the frame and forks where just one think chunk of plastic, so i decided to try cutting away at it, removing a lot of the plastic (basically the whole back frame and front forks) then add my own with thick wire. again, a fiddly job but it turned out of. it actually gave me the ability to twist the front wheel and handlebars, which will help with the right look of the bike laying on the ground (after all, a bike doesn't lay flat out). i also felt the wheel spokes where a bit think but changing them with thinner wire seemed like to awkward a job. i happy the way it is and think it'll be top notch when it's painted up and put in place, a nice touch to the diorama.

next move is to start making and adding the rubble inside and out, then i can get on with painting the sniper. i'm running a bit late with this one and hope thats ok with you guys, don't want to take too long. i'm glad hows thinks are coming along now tho. watch u think?

View attachment 42242

View attachment 42243

View attachment 42244

View attachment 42245

View attachment 42246

View attachment 42247

View attachment 42248

View attachment 42249

View attachment 42250

DSCF0104.jpg

DSCF0105.jpg

DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

DSCF0109.jpg

DSCF0110.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0115.jpg

DSCF0116.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This is looking great Bobby, you are certainly putting some time and effort into it, and it shows even at this stage

Don't you be rushing and spoiling it. It will be ready when it's ready.....

It's going to be a 5* for sure!

Cheers,

Ron

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yes looking very good so far Bobby some great work, and like Ron says no need to rush and spoil a great work of art

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Bobby

That building looks superb! Great work, looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Cheers

Paul

R

rogue-one

spent the weekend finishing the bicycle! i actually realised that i had attached the front wheel on back to front (realised this by the mud guard). so after carefully taking it of and turning it the right way around i decided that it could do with a bit more support, so.. i came up with the idea of adding brake blocks and brakes (with cables too). this makes a great little detail touch. then, after looking at some old pics of bikes, i also added frame bars to the back saddle mount and tiny mud guard cables to the back guard. finally i got to work on the paint job. real fiddly work. steady hand needed for sure! but did the best i could.

now just gotta get more printer ink so i can try and print off my french propaganda poster, and get back to work on the building.

View attachment 42453

View attachment 42454

DSCF0135.jpg

DSCF0145.jpg