"sniper elite"

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Don't let the police know you did it you will get your collar felt.....lol

Jokes aside that looks so real you've nailed it rogue all you need in the scene now is the paint pot that did it....

John

J

R

rogue-one

i've had my collar felt a few time's already john! in my young years ofcourse, lol :smiling3:

R

rogue-one

old monocrome photo

i've been having fun tonight on the old photoshop after playing around with my toys, lol. put the bike together with the wall for a wee monocrome old style photo.

View attachment 42498

old bike photo2.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bobby this is really good stuff. Cracking picture....This is going to be one very special diorama.

Any chance you can knock up a string of onions for the handlebars?lol

Ron

R

rogue-one

ha ha haaaa, i do have something to do with fruit and veg in mind for the dio! but i'm keeping it secret. all will be revealed when i'm finished :smiling3:

R

rogue-one

hi there all. next step done! positioned all the rubble around and inside the building. dirty rough rubble outside and varnished rubble inside. the bricks i made from small cuttings of foam. the same foam used for the building walls (pizza base stuff like Ron says, basically). the wood is the rest of the craft wood i used for the floor boards (from wee craft shop). and there's a few small bits of bent wire thrown in there too. i squeezed thick mounds of filler first in the suitable areas of choice, then stuck the bricks and wood in it in the positions i felt looked right, then left it all to harden. when the inside building stuff had hardened i then laid in the table and door (i haven't glued them in yet, i'll do that after i've painted it). i also added tiny door hinges to the door frame.

next move is to paint all the rubble up. it'll be a hard and careful job trying to get into all the wee cracks and crevices but i'll give it a good bash. then i'll brush some glue into some of the gaps and on the ground and throw some dirt and small stones onto it. things are going well. i'm getting more and more happy with how it's all turning out.

View attachment 42639

View attachment 42640

View attachment 42641

View attachment 42642

View attachment 42643

View attachment 42644

View attachment 42645

View attachment 42646

DSCF0153.jpg

DSCF0154.jpg

DSCF0155.jpg

DSCF0156.jpg

DSCF0157.jpg

DSCF0158.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

DSCF0160.jpg

R

rogue-one

forgot to mention... i'm not going to add in the chair i built :sad: i just feel there enough stuff crammed in there with the table and door. shame really, but wot the hey! i'll maybe keep it for something else.

anyone small that visits the house ,lol. real small!!! lol

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bobby, you're really enjoying this arn't you?.....and it shows!

Full marks fella, this is looking really good. I especially like the scorching on the walls. excellent work.

Cheers,

Ron

R

rogue-one

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Bobby, that is class work and no mistake. brilliant stuff!

Well done mate.

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great stuff there Bobby. Looks a right ruin. lol.

Ian M

R

rogue-one

the real sniper elite!?

cheers guys.

found this crazy picture on the net under the title sniper elite, so i had to post it on here for a laugh!! :smiling3:

View attachment 42985

Sniper-Elite.jpg

R

rogue-one

morning fellow enthusiasts. i've now got the 'cafe' sign writing on the building wall. for this i cut out a small stencil. then postioned it in place. i then used spraypaint to carefully paint the stencil on. i found this easier than hand painting and it has a nice clean finish. after that i washed over the writing with a bit of grey to fade out the sign a bit. just did it on one wall, as i felt the other wall was busy enough.

now i've moved on to my sniper. i'm going to post up quite a few pics of this through the stages. my figure painting is by no means perfect (i'm still learning each time) but though some folk might be interested. the first pics are of the first coats of colour on the figure.

View attachment 43034

View attachment 43035

View attachment 43036

DSCF0191.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0197.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Afternoon my fellow enthusiast....

That wall is so superb, it's alive! It really is a credit to you.

This is going to look the bizzo when the sniper is added.

Well done Bobby.

Ron

R

rogue-one

next step on my figure was to paint a lighter shade of flesh tone onto the face and hands (trying mostly to just paint the prominent areas, leaving it dark in the eyes and around the nose) also carefully painting on the hair (with nice sideburns, lol) and eyebrows (which always help give character), grey onto the cap, lighter shades onto the trousers and gaiters, then of course, start to paint the splinter camo.

View attachment 43070

View attachment 43071

View attachment 43072

DSCF0203.jpg

DSCF0204.jpg

DSCF0205.jpg

Last edited:
R

rogue-one

hi there,

next step on my figure was to add very light flesh tone to just the very prominent face areas (the cheekbones, edge of nose, chin, top of lip, ears and just at the edge of the eyes), it looks a bit rough at the mo, probably coz it's acrylics (i'm thinking of starting to try oils) but i'll work a wee bit more into it and hopefully fade it all together. then i finished of the camo pattern. made a start to some of the equipment, and then decided that a little scarf round the neck would look good (it also covered a bit at the back of the neck where the head didn't fit right, i used a head from the bicycle figure kit). for this i just glued a bit of khaki wool (from an army jumper, lol) round the neck, leaving a wee bit hanging at the front.

View attachment 43147

View attachment 43148

View attachment 43149

View attachment 43150

DSCF0208.jpg

DSCF0209.jpg

DSCF0210.jpg

DSCF0211.jpg