Snorkeling off a Saipan beach......The Players.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for your posts, chaps. :thumb2:

Finally finished and ready for 'Serious Dinting'

It's been great fun trying something I've not done before (scaling up and making the thing) and I'm more than happy with the result.

I've decided to model this deeper in the sea than the others. It had just delivered it's cargo and had passed over the reef and on it's way back to the transport when it was hit by a projectile......
So being deeper, it will not have so much growth on it, keep some detail and hopefully, look a bit spooky like.

Anyway here is the completed landing craft. Two coats brush painted direct onto the card using Vallejo Air Acrylics. The number is done with a felt pen.

P1300976.JPG

P1300979.JPG

P1300980.JPG

P1300981.JPG

P1300982.JPG

P1300984.JPG

P1300983.JPG

P1300974.JPG

...and a 'Quicky' for Dave before it disappears into the depths.
P1300973.JPG

Thanks to those who supported me throughout this new experience. I needed it!

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Seeing how quick you are knocking these out recently Ron, makes me feel slightly ashamed i can't be bothered to sit at the bench at the moment... anyhow, keep knocking them out Ron, you may inspire me to go back to the bench... excellent build indeed buddy.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks for your posts, chaps. :thumb2:

Finally finished and ready for 'Serious Dinting'

It's been great fun trying something I've not done before (scaling up and making the thing) and I'm more than happy with the result.

I've decided to model this deeper in the sea than the others. It had just delivered it's cargo and had passed over the reef and on it's way back to the transport when it was hit by a projectile......
So being deeper, it will not have so much growth on it, keep some detail and hopefully, look a bit spooky like.

Anyway here is the completed landing craft. Two coats brush painted direct onto the card using Vallejo Air Acrylics. The number is done with a felt pen.

View attachment 431668

View attachment 431669

View attachment 431670

View attachment 431671

View attachment 431672

View attachment 431673

View attachment 431674

View attachment 431676

...and a 'Quicky' for Dave before it disappears into the depths.
View attachment 431675

Thanks to those who supported me throughout this new experience. I needed it!

Cheers.
Ron

Thanks Ron. I told you it would look good on top of the oggin! Bet it'll look better when it's all sinked to the bottom and 'crudded' up.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Amazing work matey , the landing craft looks superb ( for the time being , as its going to get crudded up !) fantastic scratchery skills .
regards Davy Jones ( no , not the one from the Monkees!)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Dinting done!
In my mind's eye, a shell from a Japanese gun emplacement has struck the port side of the L.C. from the inside causing the empty vessel to sink.

On impact with sea bed rocks, the L.C. has twisted.....

I cut the cardboard with a pair of snips. Bent things about and then added some scrap strips of plastic card here and there.

P1310085.JPG

P1310086.JPG

The last stage was a less than gentle twist of the whole model to simulate it's final resting place on some sea bed rocks.
A 'Happy Accident' was some very nice rupturing and creasing of the metal on the stb. side.
P1310087.JPG

Now it's time to catch up on what other folks have been up to........

Cheers.
Ron

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Dinting done!
In my mind's eye, a shell from a Japanese gun emplacement has struck the port side of the L.C. from the inside causing the empty vessel to sink.

On impact with sea bed rocks, the L.C. has twisted.....

I cut the cardboard with a pair of snips. Bent things about and then added some scrap strips of plastic card here and there.

View attachment 433886

View attachment 433887

The last stage was a less than gentle twist of the whole model to simulate it's final resting place on some sea bed rocks.
A 'Happy Accident' was some very nice rupturing and creasing of the metal on the stb. side.
View attachment 433888

Now it's time to catch up on what other folks have been up to........

Cheers.
Ron
Nicely done :thumb2: