Some More 1/16 Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nicely done Pierre.The first helmet looked a bit like the ones the Germsn Volksturm wore with the wings on front,Always reminded me of Flash Gordon for some reason.
Carry on that man.
Richard.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - He does indeed!

Richard - Thanks, but I've just stripped down the head and put the whole thing away for another day. My heart's just not in this last figure - lack of camo mojo at the moment, and with my current heath issues I want something simpler to do.

This thread is therefore now finished;

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Sorry to hear about the lack of mojo Peter, but sometimes that's the right thing to do indeed.
The figures look amazing, exellent work! :thumb2:
Steven

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steven

It's really lack of mojo to tackle the camo. I never like doing it, finding it more of a chore than a pleasure. The process is just very tedious. The next figure depends on whether we get any post today - I'm going to switch to resin for a while.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great figures, shame about the camo, the Wehrmacht zeltbahn isn't a complex and interesting scheme to paint and in 1:16 I am sure it can be really stressful to get it to look ""right""

Enjoyment is the reason we all do this, its NOT a job, its a hobby, take a feet up, TV on, duvet day, you have been at it day in, day out throughout your C-19 infection, time to take a day off , but no chocolate, hot cross buns or anything else tasty LOL.

Should be nice enough to sit in the garden ad listen to the birds, or the neighbours teenagers!

I have a tidy desk, so its back to building, painting or just watching Red Dwarf!

The choices are endless!

Take care, have a good day

Catch up tomorrow

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Steve. Yes, enjoyment is what it's all about. If my newly ordered figures arrive, I'll do some work, but if not, I'll continue working my way through the novels of John Cowper Powys.

As for the garden, someone has decided to get their chainsaw out over the last couple days and has been sawing at something endlessly - can't hear the birds, or myself think.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Beautifully done as always. I love the smiley character - just has so much about him.
Life is up and down normally but in these times everything is more extreme.
Take care.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Many thanks. I think DAKman is my favourite too.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Staggering work Peter! Bearing in mind your health issues you have had to contend with while working your magic these stand out as some of your best work. The bases are nicely done and make the builds stand out really well. Very impressive my friend.

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Thank you for your kind words. These were immensely enjoyable to do, I must say.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cracking trio Peter

Up to your usual high standards!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Another 3 for the cabinet then Peter.
Really like the flowers very good indeed.
I'll get you gardening yet :nerd:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Stunning Peter, just stunning. Really impressive skills. Just goes to show what can be done with plastic figures.
I sincerely hope your build mojo returns swiftly so we can enjoy some more of these outstanding figures.
Cheers
Paul

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Thought you'd like the shrubbery - I'm going to keep an eye out for dried flowers as I don't have the patience you have to grow my own.

Paul - Very kind of you. These plastic figures are OK, as long as you're willing to put in the work to try and achieve a clean build. I actually think I prefer them to resin, but there are very few out there in 1/16 and I've now built most of them several times. Good to return to to test the skills though.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Peter,
Excellent work as usual. Love the cheerful look on a the DAK chap and the little extras around him bring it all to life.
As to the other two chaps....I’d stay away from them, they look a bad sort :thinking:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter hopein you feel better soon an ive been lookin at your figures an that german soliger holdin a spandu machine gun looks really spot on it must be very difficult to paint these figures an get all the detail right very well done
chris