Some More 1/16 Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

The second figure is finished:

100_6945.JPG100_6947.JPG100_6951.JPG100_6946.JPG

Today session involved attaching the various accessories to the base, which included the jerrycan, water can, ammo box and ammo drum. The foliage was a sprig of something that I dried from my wife's retirement bouquet - seems stable enough, but will probably fade with time. I then dusted the base and lower parts with pink/beige pastel to pull it all together. Finally, and just for Steve H, I painted the chameleon and sat him on the jerrycan.

D

Deleted member 6559

Thank you chaps. Not perfect by any means, but fun to do (even the chameleon!).

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nicely done Pierre.A happy Dak chap and his green kamarad.I thought for a minute you had half inched some fauna from Percy race or a sprig from Poirots Tussi mussi.
Super doopah mon ami.
Richard.

• Haha
D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Ricardo. I confess that I had to look up 'Tussi Mussi', but now I know - the things you learn on this site.

• Haha

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lovely job, the base especially brings it alive and the face is excellent This reinforces the figure painters mantra; faces, bases, shields and flags.....the bits that are noticed most and really make a figure stand out...

D

Deleted member 6559

Tim - Many thanks. I must admit that I've never attached much importance to the bases, but I can certainly see the point.

D

Deleted member 6559

A13D-mPJoGL._AC_SY679_.jpg

On to the next one, Dragon's German Grenadier, East Prussia 1945. This kit was included in a huge box of parts given to me by my friend, Richard Pearce (thanks once again Richard).

I was delighted to find that it was almost all there:

100_6952.JPG100_6953.JPG

The only things missing were a small, triangular section of zeltbahn that covers the groin and the shortened right arm. The first can be easily made from thick paper, and the latter will be cut down from a spare arm.

There is an awful lot of camo to paint (boo. hiss) and quite a lot of work to do to knock the sculpt into shape, so no promises with this one.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Lovely finish with the DAK Flora and Fauna, well done and great colour contrasts too.

The grenadier should be a challenging change of pace, nothing beyond your skills and I am sure you will prevail successfully.

I've had a busy morning already, chasing a sicknote and pain killers, both now resolved and in the post.

Looks like a bright and sunny day too, all the better for painting.

I need to tidy my desk as I have 4 projects all overlapping each other into a mass of confusion!

Have a good day fettling your Grenadier and hopefully no more C-19 issues for anyone either

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

Glad you like DAK-man. Working on the grenadier at the moment, and struggling with a poor fit - lots of sanding and filler.

Hope you can get to work on one of your many projects now you've sorted out your medical needs.

D

Deleted member 6559

The grenadier is ready for paint:

100_6955.JPG.

This was quite a tricky build as the fit of the major parts wasn't great. I've made the missing section of zeltbahn from foil packaging, with the major seams scored on and a rivet made from a section of a poly-cap - the lesser seams and detail will be painted on. I've also swapped the rifle for a Soviet PPSH, which will sit better across the chest.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Howdy Peter.
Nice to see the spare part collection.are bearing fruit,Will pull up a pew with the gathering hoardes
Carry on Carruthers.
Richard.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hello Ricardo.

There's still a lot of stuff from your last batch that I can use - it's been very useful indeed. This one's all cammo, so I'm just going to have to bit the bullet.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Nice work on the Zeltbahn and the arm.

Looks like it will be a another good day for painting too.

Hopefully the head will pass muster and then you can revel in the Zeltbahn!

Its another home shopping delivery day, it does seem to come round quickly.

I have a tidy desk too!

Time to fill the gaps on the under a fiver Spitfire

Have a good day and enjoy the lovely Spring sunshine

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

I'm not sure I have the mojo to tackle the zeltbahn at the moment, so if some of the resin figures I've ordered turn up, I may put this on hold. Beautiful weather indeed, and it's hard to reconcile with the awful stuff happening in the world. I hope the home delivery process goes well and leaves you with time to get to the bench.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Nice start Mr Day. I think you are wise about delaying the Zeltbahn in these fragile mojo times.
Here's wishing for your continued improving health , sir.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Neil. No sign of the recently ordered resin figures, so I decided to start this one with the head a least:

100_6956.JPG100_6960.JPG

This one was a bit of a monkey. I'm not happy with the helmet and may swap it for another.