Some of my builds

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Hello and welcome it's a friendly site you ask and they will tell. As for your models I work on ww2 models but the ones you've done look amazing they look like photos of the real thing they really are a work of art

Geegad

N

NeilC69

Thanks for the warm welcome and your kind comments.

All of my models are built as "showroom finish" as I haven't plucked up the courage to try weathering yet!!

I also want to have a go at diorama building as some of the military stuff that I have seen always seems to look better in the right setting (better than my kitchen table anyway!! lol)

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Welcome to the forum, I've been wanting to do a truck for a while but because of it's size I don't know where I would put it once it's done

R

Richy C

Welcome to the forum Neil , I second that John I fancy a go at one of these at some stage

Richy

N

NeilC69

John

I know what you mean about finding room for them as a full artic can be up to 2' long.

I was lucky enough a few years ago to get hold of a large display cabinet to keep mine in, although it is stuck on my garage.

here's a couple of photos of it with some more trucks

View attachment 28279View attachment 28280View attachment 28281View attachment 28282

There are another dozen or so models in the cupboards below the cabinet as well as the stash of unbuilt kits.

View attachment 33918

View attachment 33919

View attachment 33920

View attachment 33921

PICT1050.jpg

PICT1063.jpg

PICT1051.jpg

PICT1048.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi neil ,welcome to the forum, thats a nice 'Haul ' youve got there ,Haul? Yes? no? ok ill get my coat!! LOL cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very good Tony,I see what you did there:clap2:

Welcome from me too,you've got some great models there.

Cheers

Steve

N

noble

Hi Neil welcome to the forum mate, thats some nice looking kits you have there.

scott

N

NeilC69

Thanks for the comments guys.

I will post some more of my builds here when I get a chance.

I also have a couple in the process of being built so I will start another thread for them.

C

CDW

Missed this ....

Impressed with them, always wanted to have a proper go at a truck as well. I knew a few people who built them in the past (probably not to the same standard as this though) and suprising that quite a few of these "truck" builders had a model of the "General Lee" knocking about too .... is this the norm ???? :smiling3: :smiling3:

N

NeilC69

I think everyone should have a model of the General!! lol

I would encourage anyone to have a go at a truck as they can be very detailed, especially if you add on lost of resin extras from the likes of KFS or M&G.

A full artic complete with trailer can end up being quite large though!!

M

msm2

Very impressive. Have to get a few artics. Love to do one in a F1 livery.

C

Curtis

Brilliant, I'm a big fan of Eddie Stobart so I especially like that particular one.

Great stuff!