Some where on the Eastern Front 1942 /43 1/35 scale

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John this is looking great. What size do you cut the blanks for the wriggly tin.

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Top work. Love the corrugated sheeting and those roof trusses have worked a treat.
Jim

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
More top work JR, got to pinch the corrugated metal moulding idea, food trays are certainly cheaper than the shop bought plastic.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John graet work so far, it's a bit late now as you have made your own jig that works very nicely by the way but have you seen this, one is on ebay for£ 8.45 & £2.25 post.

Pete.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Marvellous work, Oh Rust Master!
:smiling: thanks Peter like that name, better than some I've had ! .
John, I'm in trouble...I was reading your tidy post and a familiar voice came from over my shoulder "Why can't you tidy your table like his...it's been ages since you cleared it!" :flushed: Sheepishly I will obey orders from the commandant. No building this weekend I'm afraid. :smiling6:

Oh btw...lovely 3D effects...either that or you've taken still frames from your video.:thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
Sorry you were ordered to have a clean up, I've been there many times . That's is very kind of your good lady to comment on my tidy bench, but have you shown her what it can look like !
Ha
John this is looking great. What size do you cut the blanks for the wriggly tin.
Paul thanks , I will measure up in the morning and let you know .
Hi John graet work so far, it's a bit late now as you have made your own jig that works very nicely by the way but have you seen this, one is on ebay for£ 8.45 & £2.25 post.

View attachment 352802
Pete.

Pete thanks, oh I wish I'd known about that, in fact the price I'm sure is compable with what I paid for pkt of plastic sheets .
They do work ok, think mine need to be cleaned now, they soon take up a dirty look from the Ally..

Thanks for the comments .
John .

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
John - I have one of those corrugating tools, it is what I used on the Range Rover shed roof.

I used thin computer printer card to make the panels.

The only slight issue is that it is fixed width. The length of roof sheet is therefore limited by the width of the tool - if you look at the ones produced in the picture they have the grooves in the wrong orientation (can make 'em as long as you want the wrong way around)

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John - I have one of those corrugating tools, it is what I used on the Range Rover shed roof.

I used thin computer printer card to make the panels.

The only slight issue is that it is fixed width. The length of roof sheet is therefore limited by the width of the tool - if you look at the ones produced in the picture they have the grooves in the wrong orientation (can make 'em as long as you want the wrong way around)

Yes Simon,can see what you mean.
Although It look a neat tool I think I will stick with my method, even though they move on the lower half of the jig and therefore some come out a bit skew-whiff .Then just trim with the knife .
John .

Spent the whole day asleep and all of last night ! So no modelling or catching up on here. Too many late nights has caught me up .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi feeling refreshed after a good sleep I've pushed on with this .
Starting on the 28 June it's only taken 6 odd weeks so its only taken 6 odd weeks to do. Of course easier for those of us that are retired, and being able to spend more time at the bench.

Finished the roofing sheets and placed the figures, not sure it was worth using Hornet Heads as they can't be seen , but they at least had winter gear on.

So with out any more I give you .

IMG_20190811_123822497.jpg

IMG_20190811_120945850.jpg

IMG_20190811_121015319.jpg

IMG_20190811_121004794.jpg

IMG_20190811_121208596.jpg

IMG_20190811_121212361.jpg

IMG_20190811_121220568_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190811_121230703.jpg

Thank for accompanying me on the build, and for the support and banter.
Several things I need to address in modelling, I didn't paint any of the tires, :surprised::sad:no doubt there is more. Think we learn with every one.
Whats next I hear the cry, well the MO JO is high and we have two group builds to consider , the animal named one and another go a a Stug.. In Russian Green I hasten to add.

So something to do until then. I've spent over a year waiting for the release of the Thunder Models Ch TZ60 so perhaps you will draw up a seat and follow.

John.

Attachments

• IMG_20190811_123850790.jpg
    IMG_20190811_123850790.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20190811_123850790.jpg
    IMG_20190811_123850790.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20190806_142301450.jpg
    IMG_20190806_142301450.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 11

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thats my garage !!!!

Fantastic John, really impressive!

D

Deleted member 7181

That really is excellent John. The flying debris looks so realistic and the dusting of snow takes it up yet another notch.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That, John, is a bloody good model. You must be pleased and proud of what you have achieved.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
More top work JR, got to pinch the corrugated metal moulding idea, food trays are certainly cheaper than the shop bought plastic.
Mick sorry I missed you, yes by far cheaper and more to the point to scale. I just cut out the base section from those packs you can pick up.

Thats my garage !!!!

Fantastic John, really impressive!

Ha :smiling:Bob , my bench is like that when things are under way, its only tidy for Inspections by Jims agent ............Mrs R.
Glad you like it, of course it could I dare say have been a StuG about to be crushed !:flushed:

That really is excellent John. The flying debris looks so realistic and the dusting of snow takes it up yet another notch.
Thanks Andy .

Some really great work Dzohn. PaulE
Paul cheers .

John,
That is an excellent result mate.
Thanks Paul.

That, John, is a bloody good model. You must be pleased and proud of what you have achieved.
Jim
Thanks Jim , I am, it came out better than I hoped. :smiling:.

Very good John! (As expected)
Pete
Very kind of you to say Pete.

John.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That, 453 is one top model.
An excellent build that has been a pleasure to follow.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well the dementia has kicked in again as I could have sworn I commented on the finished build. My sincere apologies mate.

This is in my top three favourite builds of yours. You have managed to capture a moment in time so well. Its a real art to get an action shot like that. Wonderful work mate. You must be really pleased. I hope it is on the mantle piece for all to see.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nicely done John and good thinking to go for the woman driver, I hear the Russians did have a few.

John

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I've been away and just caught up with this.
John this is simply wonderful!
Just my idea of how models can catch a moment in time , as somebody has said already.I had no idea this was the plan but the concept and story telling is brilliant.
Definitely my favourite of yours since I've been on here.
top marks Mr Race!!
N

• Love
Reactions: JR

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,
How on earth I missed this I do not know:thinking:!! I thought you where still putting it together!
Oh well..... I’ve had a good look and I’m bloody impressed:cool:

The supports for the roof where a stroke of genius and the tank busted through like that look superb. The broken glass on the windows, the debris, the corrugated roof:smiling4:........ Your building work just gets better and better mate.....very, very nice:thumb2: