Something a bit different

D

dm73

Afternoon all, having packed up all my modelling gear a couple of months ago waiting for my move overseas i haven't been on the forum as much as i should but i have been checking in every now and then to catch up on the builds.

A friend of mine saw a couple pieces of my work on ebay i was selling and asked me to try something out of my 1/35 comfort zone, so being bored i agreed, he turned up the next day with a Warhammer 40k plastic figure in kit form to be assembled and painted, ok i thought this is tiny and i've not got the greatest eyesight and steady hand but it saved me from watching any more drivel on tv.

So after a week i am left with this and he's picking it up at the weekend, i placed him by a vallejo bottle for size comparison.

View attachment 35039View attachment 35040View attachment 35041

Was nice to get back to modelling but i think i'll stick to my 1/35 stuff when i'm all sorted.

Cheers all

View attachment 39514

View attachment 39515

View attachment 39516

DSCN0639.jpg

DSCN0640.jpg

DSCN0641.jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a nice little figure Darren.

Tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hello Darren, good to see you back and posting again....

Oh, and nice model too!

Cheers,

Ron

D

dm73

Cheers Tony, i remember him saying that you collect armies of these and use them for wargaming, i hope he doesn't turn up with a box full i don't think my eyes will take it :smile:

D

dm73

Thanks Ron, been popping in now and then to make sure your behaving yourself, had nothing to show for a while but enjoy reading other peoples threads, looking forward to getting modelling again.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's very nicely done in such a tiny scale. Here's hoping you don't get 'volunteered' to do the painting for his local games workshop. They have hundreds of these things!

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That thing is tiny! Very well painted. I am sure you mate will be chuffed.

Ian M

R

Richy C

Not my thing but I do appriciate a nicely painted figure Darren and at that size you`ve do a superb job mate.

Richy

D

dm73

Dave, cheers for the comments, i see what you mean about how many there are, just checked the GW website, was strangely tempted by the m113 looking tanks though:smile:.

Ian, thanks, i hope he'll like it, i didn't realise that they all have their own uniform colours so may have made a bit of a boo boo on that one but hope he'll be happy with it.

Richard, i'm with you, not my cup of tea but i was getting fidgety and needed to paint build and paint something, cheers for the comments