Something completely different....at least for me!!!

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Hi all,
Having annoyingly hit the wall on my road to Moscow bust ( it’s virtually finished I just can’t seem to get motivated to finish it off!!!) I thought I’d have a crack ar something completely different!

I picked this up at a model fair as it was cheap and frankly I now know why!
I’m enjoying the painting side of things but nothing else seems to fit... ...it was made in 1977 so maybe that’s an excuse but it’s proving quite frustrating and confirming why I usually stick to figures.

I have had to sit the pilot on the left as the outstretched arm of the navigator wouldn’t allow the other side panel to be fixed,

I have added one of the windows which could almost have been made for another kit it’s such a bad fit but I guess you get what you pay for.

I will probably stick with it but the Road to Moscow bust looks more appealing every minute,

Thanks
Jason

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Revell kits of that kind of vintage tend to be quite bad. I remember that I never liked to build them in the ’80s because of the poor fit and decals that would barely stick to the model and had a few millimetres of matt transparency around them. You can probably make it decent, but it’s likely to be a lot of work. You do seem to be some of the way there already, though.

By the way, the ammo belts in the back should be black or metallic grey — they’re not bare belts but flexible metal chutes through which only part of the belt would be visible down the middle.

npply1orv6p11.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jason
Looks a challenge but, as you say, not surprising given its age. You look to have made an excellent start. I hope that the larger parts fit ok as they could easily test your patience :tongue-out3:
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Wow, that is something different Jason. Great work so far too.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi all,
Having annoyingly hit the wall on my road to Moscow bust ( it’s virtually finished I just can’t seem to get motivated to finish it off!!!) I thought I’d have a crack ar something completely different!

I picked this up at a model fair as it was cheap and frankly I now know why!
View attachment 344252
I’m enjoying the painting side of things but nothing else seems to fit... ...it was made in 1977 so maybe that’s an excuse but it’s proving quite frustrating and confirming why I usually stick to figures.

View attachment 344253
I have had to sit the pilot on the left as the outstretched arm of the navigator wouldn’t allow the other side panel to be fixed,

View attachment 344254
I have added one of the windows which could almost have been made for another kit it’s such a bad fit but I guess you get what you pay for.

View attachment 344255
I will probably stick with it but the Road to Moscow bust looks more appealing every minute,

Thanks
Jason

I don't understand it myself, but some guys really enjoy the challenges offered by old kits. They get a chance to really use their skills to create silk purses from sow's ears. Give me a 'shake and bake' every time!

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Hi all... I wouldn’t want anyone to look at this too closely.... I’ve used more filler and tape than I did when I last decorated the kitchen,,,the windows turned out a complete mess but I’m sticking with it for now
Thanks
Jason

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jason
I admire your determination. Smaller than I imagined. Keep at it :tongue-out3:
Jim