Something completely different (for me )

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Articulated lorries have always held a fascination for me but in my modelling I've never built one. The opportunity came up to buy a kit so finally it's seeing the light of day. The kit is by Italeri and features a Mercedes SK Eurocab 6X4. I don't know how old this kit is but the moulds seem to be well worn. There are numerous ejector pin marks and seams out of alignment on parts but nothing I'm sure can't be overcome. I took the usual sprue shots before I started but for some reason they refuse to open and as I've started so be it. I'm going to try a custom paint job on the cab. I've started on the chassis and apart from the problems I already mentioned its going together without too much effort.
IMG_0058.JPGIMG_0059.JPG

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
like new cars, so much more to go wrong, can't just take the rotor arm out and give it a clean and a squirt of WD40
Takes me back Mike, set of points and condenser lol

Can remember a trucks wiring was covered in about 2 A4 pages, new Volvo Globetrotter, 200 odd pages :upside:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You can have them new fangled widgit infested Road Hogs.......I'll take a Mack B series or a KW Needle nose any day :tongue-out3: ........but I like trucks so I'll stick around and see how this goes Mick. Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Mick, not my cup of tea but interested to see how this goes together. Might pick up some tips on the way...if its not the build but the banter on these new and old workhorses. Got a beanbag seat ready.

Cheers,
Richard

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That horrible sinking feeling when you move on to the next build stage and suddenly realise the two axles you fitted are on the wrong way round
Took a deep breath and surgically removed the whole unit, reassembled correctly and back on

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That horrible sinking feeling when you move on to the next build stage and suddenly realise the two axles you fitted are on the wrong way round
Took a deep breath and surgically removed the whole unit, reassembled correctly and back on
Been there, done that with putting something on the wrong way, as long as you notice before being too deep into the build. TET is your friend, just flood the joints and it makes removal less of a chore.

Andy.