Something completely different (for me )

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hello Mick,
Spent about 30 years living in a truck, with short spells at home, started with Ford and ended with a Volvo FH16. And reading through the comments it appears other members have had the pleasure.....
Is this a left or right hand drive? If a right hand drive then stick a fridge trailer on the back, if right hand then a European tilt trailer and Turkish numberplates, for some odd reason they loved these Mercs. Big baggy tilt canvas that seemed to fill with air as they went along, and then you had the worry of bits falling off, and in the rain, no mudguards just bare wheels, like driving through a car wash when you passed them.
Mike.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Looking forward to seeing the artwork on the cab Mick. Maybe a school of dolphins swimming through the ocean surf or maybe an Indian on horse back galloping at full speed alongside a herd of bison with bow and arrow in hand. I'm sure it will be of no trouble to a man with your artistic talent ;) :cool: :thumb2:

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mick, don't listen to Steve, he's become deluded since Matron gave him his last Jab. Next he'll insist on 3 part camo or spare fuel can strapped to the roof. :smiling3:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
A little more progress that work keeps interrupting, managed to get a coat of colour shift paint on the cab, so glad I glanced at the bottle which tells you to apply over a black undercoat :smiling5:
I really need to think more about the order I do the fitting of certain items. I left the cab roof separate so I could fit the glazing without after masking it all. The cab roof has now decided it doesn't want to sit right so will need some sorting and I don't want to damage the paint. Oh well, you live and learn.
IMG_0124.jpgIMG_0123.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
LOVELY job you have done on this Mick as ive built a few myself eg. kenworth an a white freghtliner to name a couple an they look really nice with all their lights an coluorfull artwork but this was before led's came out as if i did another it would most certainly have them all fitted as with these trucks you can do a lot with them an when i was in norwich boat club the guys up there use to have r/c trucks all lit up an they looked fanstastic an i was goin to jion them till i found out the cost of some of the tamyia items an then i thought well i'll put the dosh to my ships but i think they are still up there on sunday morns drivein them around on the concreate around the pond an the public love to watch them
chris