Soon to lay the keel, Trumpeter 1 350 Taszkient or Taskent

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
A Bob Ramble alert!

After the total disaster that is HMS Daring, mistake after mistake i learnt a huge amount and all problems were mine, so hopefully a much better build.

20210827_161943.jpg
20210827_162035.jpg
I am building this in a totally different way to Daring, starting with many reads of the plans!

I have also bought the Mr Color paints for this ship

Tashkent was built in Italy for the Russian navy ( no 4BO!! ) and was very fast, over 44 knots on trial and a good looking ship.

If anybodys interested i am doing more research and will post if needed??

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Good luck Bob. I always look forward to a new build where I can take what I have learnt from previous builds and put them into action. Happy modelling my friend

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Glad you are building again….this will be a good ‘un I’m sure!
Cheers Tim

New swear bucket, pray mat ready. Locked window just incase lol
Hi Bob
Permission to drop anchor and watch you cast off and sail away.
I am certain that the experience with the Daring will be invaluable.
Jim
Most welcome Jim, better wear ear plugs lol. Must avoid the minefields!
Bob,
Chair pulled up. No sugar in mine ta
Hi Paul, Choice of cup, mug, builders bucket or fine bone jug? Tea urn filled
Good luck Bob. I always look forward to a new build where I can take what I have learnt from previous builds and put them into action. Happy modelling my friend
Cheers Steve

Great to hear from you, A lot learn and NOT do again lol
HI CAPTAIN Bob permission to be piped aboard as your admrill Boatman is now comin for an inspection an handing out C/D/M by the bucket load
adm chris ( tigers flag officer )
Dear mr flag officer

Piped aboard sir and most welcome Chris. Will do my best NOT to scuttle this one

Tea, coffee, sugar, sweetners on offer, comfy seats at the front, StuG ammo boxs at the rear, sadly some swine ate the cake. Got my hunting cat following trail of crumbs

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Bob

Will be joining the the going onlookers looking forward to a successful launch!!!

ATB

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bob,
nice looking model - the Trumpeter 1/350 ships are pretty good, but can vary in quality, especially in the provision of PE - some have full sets, the others partial. At this scale PE railings are really needed! Does the Taszkient have full lengths of railing? I've got the Trumpeter Dreadnought in the stash - and that only has partial railings - you have to buy AM railings to complete it - very annoying!
I'll be interested in following your progress...............
Dave

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob,
nice looking model - the Trumpeter 1/350 ships are pretty good, but can vary in quality, especially in the provision of PE - some have full sets, the others partial. At this scale PE railings are really needed! Does the Taszkient have full lengths of railing? I've got the Trumpeter Dreadnought in the stash - and that only has partial railings - you have to buy AM railings to complete it - very annoying!
I'll be interested in following your progress...............
Dave
Hi Dave

Not a lot of PE, railings only for the bridge area.

I assume theres generic sets out there for ships railings, will have a look. Good to have you on board.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greetings Bob.
After recovering from reading that you were going to build a Russian ship and taking some meds I should like to join the growing crowd of onlookers.
Unfortunately they weren't painted in 4BO isn't, you would have just loved that :smiling3::nerd:.
However if this is a subtle hint that I should build a ship then sorry, just too small for my eye to cope with . :smiling2:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Greetings Bob.
After recovering from reading that you were going to build a Russian ship and taking some meds I should like to join the growing crowd of onlookers.
Unfortunately they weren't painted in 4BO isn't, you would have just loved that :smiling3::nerd:.
However if this is a subtle hint that I should build a ship then sorry, just too small for my eye to cope with . :smiling2:
Evening John

Come aboard sir. Not too small but the AA guns are lol, bought new tweezers and new glasses being made.

Got quite a few ships in the stash so better crack on lol

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hi Dave

Not a lot of PE, railings only for the bridge area.

I assume theres generic sets out there for ships railings, will have a look. Good to have you on board.
Bob,
Eduard do various sets of railings like this - https://www.eduard.com/Ships-and-submarines/1-350/Royal-Navy-Railing-1-350.html I'm not sure if they match the Trumpy rails, but there are USN, IJN & Kriegsmarine types as well. There are other Chinese makers & a search for '1/350 Railing' on ebay will give you an idea..............
Dave