Sopwith pup Valom 1/144 scale

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I have just caught up with this and you are one brave fellow if I had tried it most of it would have gone ping across the floor never to be seen again.

Great work

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Heres where i am currently- the cabane struts have been stuck on , knocked off , stuck on again ,knocked off again etc etc . Finally i managed to get them painted and the cross bracing done , again using the false hair. Ive  also fitted the machine gun . Next is the fitting of the main interplane struts and the top wing then its more rigging

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well after driving me absolutely nuts with the rigging Ive finished the pup. After doing the three wires that brace the undercarriage I was in two minds whether to just leave it but then i thought I wonder if it CAN be done ? Using the false hair and a pair of dividers (not to mention the magnifying lamp!) I managed with a lot of cursing and holding my breath to fully rig the model ,every wire apart from the two rudder cables and aileron linkages .I broke the undercarriage off about five times and had to keep re attaching it . I know the lines arent that taut but i was using one piece for each line and obviously its too small to be drilling holes in the wings and tensioning the wires. so here it is .I'll put a few here to finish the thread and the rest under ' Completed group builds' thanks for watching , cheers tony

DSCN2028.JPG

DSCN2030.JPG

DSCN2031.JPG

DSCN2056.JPG

DSCN2043.JPG