Source for figures

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi guys,

My goal for 2020 is to get better at painting figures. To date I have only painted a few figures that came with kits, mainly pilots and tank crews. Obviously the moulding of these isn't as good as resin so I'd like to buy a few to practice on. I will probably start with 1/35 before I progress on to larger scales, but wondered where is a good place in the UK to buy these from?

Cheers,

B

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bob,
ICM produce a whole shed load of 1/35 figures
http://www.icm.com.ua/catalogue/figures/fscale135/
They do many nations, WWI & WWII, and the poses are pretty good - including the scary ones wearing gasmasks.
That Revell boxing is a real bargain - the French infantry in their blue tunics & red trousers make a good contrast to the Feldgrau & Khaki
These are close ups of the heads & equipment for the Frenchmenheads.jpgkepi.jpgP1020941.JPGP1020942.JPG

Well worth a punt, and you get sprues with all sorts of weapons & gear - even a coffee grinder!
Dave

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
If it's resin figures you're after I'd recommend having a look at Ultracast.D-Day Miniatures,Evolution and Bravo 6 all do excellent figures which you can get from Fields of Glory.
Steve at SK Miniatures stocks Alpine and AC stuff.
Jon.