Source of small magnets ?

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Maplins no longer stock those super small neodyn magnets,they have so many uses for holding cowls in place etc and not affected by fuel.

Anyone know of an alternative source for these extreamly useful items,all leads followed ?.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've been looking for some aswell, there is a company near me that uses loads of them and I know a couple of people that work there and I have asked them to get me some FOC, but I'm still waiting :sad: but I'm still hopefully one of them will come through :wish:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I would be interested in purchasing some Sonic if anything transpires,I cannot understand why Maplins dropped the most useful line they had for modellers.

I have the last pair here in front of me,they are called Magtrix connectors Part No.N51AK and measure 5 mm across.

Bar codenumber is 5038992000017 just in case you have a branch near you.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I work for an electrical wholesaler and we deal with a company called RS communications, they own Maplins I will have a look in there catalogue's tomorrow :smiling3:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Very kind of you Sonic,look forward to seeing what you come up with.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I got it wrong it's not RS that own Maplins it's a company called Farnell or at least I think it is. Anyway it doesn't really matter who own's who here's there website and they have loads of magnets hopefully they will have the one's that you want :smiling3:

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp

Look under M ;)

B

bartley

magnets

Maplins no longer stock those super small neodyn magnets,they have so many uses for holding cowls in place etc and not affected by fuel.Anyone know of an alternative source for these extreamly useful items,all leads followed ?.
Hi, not sure about what size is 'small' but if you break open a hard disk drive, there's a magnet inside about 2 1/2" x 1" and is the strongest I've ever come across.

Any help?

Steve.

A

Alun

what about the magets used on the bottom of magnatex sclextric cars.

I recall having a car made by FLY taht would hold onto the track when it was upside down! (almost he he)

B

Bluewavestudios

Another thought is Proops Bros, they do all sorts of useful model goodies in bags, including, if I remember rightly, assorted magnets. Not sure if they are the type you want but certainly worth checking out.

They can be found at: http://www.proopsbrothers.com/

Regards.......Mark

B

BigJBB

Magnets

Hello all, an ideal source of magnets in all sizes shapes and forms is the manufacturer ECLIPSE MAGNETS a division of the Neill Tools group of companies their web site is very informative and can accessed from http://www.applied-magnetic-systems.co.uk/ :shhhh: There is a dealer locator on there too.

Hope this helps

Jim