Source of supply for miniature magnets ?

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I know that we touched this subject before but cannot remember anything conclusive ? looking for a source of supply for those tiny but powerful magnets,Maplins used to sell them 5 to a small card but for some odd reason dropped the line ? they have many uses but as yet I have not located a substitute for them.

They are so easy to use,just embed one into the area you want,capillery some cyno around the outside,then snap the other one on top and press the halves together to locate the position,bore out another small hole,drop in the magnet,ditto...

These magnets have a special name but I just cannot remember what it is ?

G

Gryphin

I know the magnets that you are talking about, but I am unable to find out the name but on the Maplins website there are other suitable magnets details below

3x1mm Magnet KQ21X £0.49

3x2mm Magnet YA26D £0.49

4x3mm Magnet YA27E £0.79

6x2mm Magnet YA28F £0.79

10x5mm Magnet YA29G £0.79

Hope this helps

G

Gryphin

Forgot to mention these prices are for one magnet but for the 3mm X 1MM if 10 are bought the price goes down to 35pence each

G

Gryphin

Just checked the maplin site and these magnets are still available from maplins, I used the stock code N51AK, then enter your postcode at the bottom of the screen and will tell you the nearest store and what stock is held

Sorry for the fragmented thread

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
No problems,thank you for the research on these,much appreciated,I will give that a try for my area.