Soviet Tank Build GB Chat

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Agree fully with Lee and esp Tim.
My love of Russian armour stems from the battle against the Nazis in the last war . Certainly not in the thoughts of their leader today .

Last edited:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I'm continuing with my build, it's a historical build. No time for the present leader, my thoughts are with those suffering the consequences of his actions.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi gang. Today is the last day of the GB but that don’t mean that you have to stop your build of course. You may post updates and completed ones at any time. I want to thank everyone for sharing in this GB it was fun watching you guys build your Tanks. Maybe we can do this again next year. Thanks

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks for hosting it Lee......'twas a lot of fun and learned some stuff along the way, so all good from here. :thumb2:
Your Welcome Rick we was glad to have you. Hope we can do another one next year

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Lee apologies in not finishing on time , in what is my genre.
Due to my disliking of the bridge collapse diorama which was well under way I lost all mo - jo.
A venture into 1/72 has been interesting to say the least, not afraid to say I struggled with the same old problems, damned tracks !
Luckily I have managed with help from David Lovell to make something that looks like a nearly completed tank , although best placed in very thick mud :crying:.The figures were the best part and really enjoyed them dispite the soft plastic .
No base done yet either as following my recent COVID like illness I seem to have little interest but It is returning. Of course at the moment the garden comes first here at " short meadows "
Can I still finish this and submit the photos ?

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee apologies in not finishing on time , in what is my genre.
Due to my disliking of the bridge collapse diorama which was well under way I lost all mo - jo.
A venture into 1/72 has been interesting to say the least, not afraid to say I struggled with the same old problems, damned tracks !
Luckily I have managed with help from David Lovell to make something that looks like a nearly completed tank , although best placed in very thick mud :crying:.The figures were the best part and really enjoyed them dispite the soft plastic .
No base done yet either as following my recent COVID like illness I seem to have little interest but It is returning. Of course at the moment the garden comes first here at " short meadows "
Can I still finish this and submit the photos ?
Don’t worry about it John Yes you can finish and post progress pics at anytime. I’m not either and Spring chores around here are starting to pile up including the garden if it will stop raining long enough so I can get it done. Hope you get to feeling better your in my prayers John.