Soviet Tank Build GB Chat

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Guys, this will be my planned build:

The ICM T34/85 from their Battle of Berlin set....

20220104_121912.jpg

And I'll be hoping to replace the horrible ICM rubber band tracks with these:
20220104_121943.jpg

Hope that's ok with Dave also building an ICM T34.....

Nick

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

View attachment 441899

View attachment 441898

Nick
Nick nice choice and extras. I’m sure he won’t Dave is a very easy to get along with guy you could ask for a better person.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David

View attachment 441899

View attachment 441898

Nick
Absolutely no problem at all!! - It's an earlier variant & I've got a different set pf replacement tracks

"Nick nice choice and extras. I’m sure he won’t Dave is a very easy to get along with guy you could ask for a better person. "

Aw shucks Lee, coming over all embarrassed! :smiling4:
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just wondering what my dear friend Bob the Stug is going to do, will he force himself to enter and bathe in the elixir 4BO .:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::nerd: Can't wait for this .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Group Builders, Here's what I'm looking at for my entry........I tore one down so's not to be disqualified for starting with a completed model. If it's alright I think I'll build two of these at the same time, sort of a group-group build. Both are identical even though the boxing is different. I thought it might be fun to do one as a Rooskie version and the other as a captured one in Kraut service......P1012012.JPG

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Group Builders, Here's what I'm looking at for my entry........I tore one down so's not to be disqualified for starting with a completed model. If it's alright I think I'll build two of these at the same time, sort od a group-group build. Both are identical even though the boxing is different. I thought it might be fun to do one as a Rooskie version and the other as a captured one in Kraut service......View attachment 442076
Nice Rick any Figs??? If so can we see them?

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Ok here’s my New selection

1/48 Tamiya Russian Heavy Tank KV-1 (w/ Applique Armor)
View attachment 442081View attachment 442082View attachment 442083
Great choice Lee ,I built the Hobbyboss 1/48 version when I first started back in the hobby ,dont know why 1/48 is treated like a poor relative I think perhaps the reason I don't go there is more to do with subject matter than the kits themselves (same old same old ie III IV T's KV'S sorry Bob stugs). Me I'm keeping my powder dry till closer the time I've a few bits coming over on the extremely slow Polish postal system wich might make the starting line(don't hold breath) if not there's always the stash but that usually means na don't fancy that ill buy something. Dave

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice model Lee.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nice model Lee.
I was thinking of you last year when o bought it thought it would be more Appropriate for this build has more parts and pretty sure it will go together easy.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great choice Lee ,I built the Hobbyboss 1/48 version when I first started back in the hobby ,dont know why 1/48 is treated like a poor relative I think perhaps the reason I don't go there is more to do with subject matter than the kits themselves (same old same old ie III IV T's KV'S sorry Bob stugs). Me I'm keeping my powder dry till closer the time I've a few bits coming over on the extremely slow Polish postal system wich might make the starting line(don't hold breath) if not there's always the stash but that usually means na don't fancy that ill buy something. Dave
Thanks Dave I’ve looked at the Hobby Boss kit many times I like the Artwork but I seen this one and knew it probably would build easier. 1/48 has always treated me great yeah there’s less subjects but what I like I can see and handle them better and I can put a Aircraft with it also if desired.