Soviet zil 157k

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just had an interesting read up on this one Mark,
Very nice progress mate:thumb2:,
As has been said,that`s a seriously nice looking chassis with all it`s cracking details:cool:,
Good stuff!
Andy

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Don't think I could manage this in 1/87 scale.....the wires would be thinner than a human hair. Looks like you are off to a good start on this Mark......I can keep an eye on JR for you, he really gets excited when you say things like 4BO or Fire, Petrol etc. In the mean time will there be refreshments? I prefer Tetley's but Yorkshire will do. Rick H. :thumb2:
Your finally coming to your senses and drinking Yorkshire tea you will make JR proud

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Ha!...Beggars can't be choosers Lee, I prefer whiskey to tea any day......but if tea is all you have, it's better than nothing. Nice progress on this Mark....keep it coming and do let me know when you start with the 4BO so I can have Matron help me restrain JR. he tends to become excitable..... :tongue-out3: Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick I'm excited now, even with just the chassis.
Great job Mark, there's a lot of hrs spent building this and painting.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Little bit of progress with the engine. Scratched distributor fitted, plug leads are just dry fitted in the top of the engine so I can pull them in and out till I get them hanging right like cables and not pipes! Plug caps still need height adjustment as well but you get the idea. Still got to add the coil and fit the cable to it.20210701_235539.jpg20210701_235200.jpg

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Little bit of progress with the engine. Scratched distributor fitted, plug leads are just dry fitted in the top of the engine so I can pull them in and out till I get them hanging right like cables and not pipes! Plug caps still need height adjustment as well but you get the idea. Still got to add the coil and fit the cable to it.View attachment 427843View attachment 427844
Neat piece of work Mark ! Setting the bar high.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Mark,

Coming on very, VERY nicely indeed.

Well done so far.

Andrew

Reactions: JR