spanner's 1/72 Hurricane and Dornier DO-17-A coming together

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Excellent smoke rendering. Always an excuse.... someone jarred my elbow..the sun got in my eys.. etc.
Witnessed the defense of the realm by fire brigade & Matron. Always a pleasure to watch her ministrations on someone else. View attachment 395571
PaulE

If that's your matron, I want to be ill too!

First Name
Andrew
Meanwhile back over the skies of Blighty there's a whole load of plane-spotters waiting to see some sparks fly..........................................................
Andy

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A dabbler in the black arts, she has taken on many forms. Spanner should not ask her to assist in levitating his excellent models as the costs are never made clear. PaulE

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
A dabbler in the black arts, she has taken on many forms. Spanner should not ask her to assist in levitating his excellent models as the costs are never made clear. PaulE

Methinks you've missed summat here Paul. It's Justine, Ron's missus, who is throwing the 'planes, not Matron. Although Matron looks like she could well be a dabbler, I don't believe that of Justine! Not for one second!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Before taking any 'Top View' pickies, I decided I needed a suitable background.

This morning, using artist's watercolours, I've painted this fictional aerial view of London and the River Thames poking through the clouds and mist to shove under the aircraft....That's the plan, anyway.

I hope it works!
P1270657.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Neil, but I don't understand.....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Clever idea for a background. How about a couple of boats/ships on the river. How big is the painting?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Awesome, but I think the Thames is too blue , Ron.............

Ah! Got'cha now, Neil. Me 'Hot weather slow'. But in all fairness to that illustrious river, it is supposed to be getting cleaner, isn't it?

Jim, the whole 'sky' is about 24" square. There are a couple of boats, but they're moored up. But seeing as how you are an ex-Outer Hebrides chappy, I've put an extra vessel on the river just for you.... ;) :thumb2:
The German Heavy Cruiser, Prinz Eugen. The navigator was 'Removed' the following day!

She is about 7" long, so you can gauge the size of the bit of London sticking through the clouds by that.
P1270667.JPG

Cheers chaps and thanks for the interest.

Gross Admiral Doenitz

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys. All good stuff.

Paul - Talent?...Nah.
I'm simply like the rest of you chaps/and lady on S.M., and just try and get the best I can out of my model making.

Mike Anjeellow

Last edited: