spanner's 1/72 Hurricane and Dornier DO-17-A coming together

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Rick, but Steve (stona) has beaten you to it and already informed me! :tongue-out3:

Re. the flying debris. I know you are a colonial, and I suppose I have to make allowances, but please read my post from this morning @ 9.40am. Mind you, in fairness you would be all tucked up in bo bo's.

Have another :tongue-out3: on me!

George W. Bush

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb wrecked metal effects mate , they both look exactly like they would do after a violent meeting . Cheers tony

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I've finished the damage on the outer wing section. I'd better stop now or there will be now't left to mess with!

One 'hinge' of the aileron is still precariously intact. The flap is still shut. Scratches from the Dornier's sticky out bits.

P1270528.JPG

P1270533.JPG

Sorry Tony, posts crossed.
Thanks, I'm chuffed you approve of the 'trashing'

Cheers.
Ron

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's pretty efffffed up 570.....I Like It!! Can't wait to see how you suspend all of this without showing any strings attached. If you can pull that off then I will tip my hat to the new Houdini!! Rick H.

And yes, we Yanks do need our beauty rest!:cool:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
570 I had a collision once with a hotties sticking out bits, it was extremely nice, that was quite different I suppose.

Getting back to your build I think perfection.

Yours 453.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's pretty efffffed up 570.....I Like It!! Can't wait to see how you suspend all of this without showing any strings attached. If you can pull that off then I will tip my hat to the new Houdini!! Rick H.

And yes, we Yanks do need our beauty rest!:cool:

If you've seen some of Ron's earlier builds showing 'planes in flight Rick, you'll know he's knocked up an anti-gravity device in his garden shed so he doesn't need strings!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I've finished the damage on the outer wing section. I'd better stop now or there will be now't left to mess with!

One 'hinge' of the aileron is still precariously intact. The flap is still shut. Scratches from the Dornier's sticky out bits.

View attachment 395235

View attachment 395236

Sorry Tony, posts crossed.
Thanks, I'm chuffed you approve of the 'trashing'

Cheers.
Ron

Now come on Ron! I know you've invented a time machine and gone back and photographed Holmes' 'plane just after the collision. Those tweezer things don't fool me for one moment - that's just the clip for the selfie stick holding the camera!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Ron,

Wonderful damage you have there and it does look very realistic too!!! I don't know about an anti-gravity machine, but didn't you tell us before that you stood in the garden with the camera and your lovely wife threw the planes in the air while you snapped the pics!!!!

So which one is it??? Inquiring minds want to know........................

Prost
Ansel Adams brother Allen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI RON just got to give my pence worth on your work AMAZEIN an very relistic of how it would be when this happened an im lookin forward to seein how this ends
BRILLIANT WORK mate

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What terrific and humorous comments from my good buddies on S.M. Thank you.

....as to how it's going to end, who knows. I certainly don't. It's still a leap into the unknown - But a brill' bit of fun.... :upside:

From Houdini, hottie's sticky out bits, garden shed, time machine and my missus. - All in half a dozen posts! Brilliant stuff... :thumb2:

Allen. Still a bit to do yet, but I'm having a bit of difficulty getting organized ready for the final pictures. My wife is finding it difficult co-ordinating the throwing of both aircraft at the same time, whilst also slinging in some pretend debris! Perhaps a glass or two of Guinness (Her favourite drink. Other stouts are available) will do the trick.

Thanks again, chaps.

Paul Daniels (Dec) and Debbie McGee (Still on the planet)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Guinness eh! Does she have the red hot poker dipped in it first? A mate of mine remembers his Gran having a Guinness and poker when he was a nipper...

D

Deleted member 7917

Outstanding work, 570. The attention to detail is awesome, and it's so realistic. Are you planning to tackle a train wreck next?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Damage looks excellent and banter cheers me up. Your good lady will have to use all her chucking skills to get both planes in the right place at the right time for the photos.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ron, thats good damage done. With all the scratch artistry you could help your Mrs with a built sling shot and synconise your camera for the perfect shot.
The banter is at par with John's tea party. :thumb2::tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Holmes states that on his fourth pass at the bomber, the port engine caught fire and covered his windscreen in oil.

I've started building up the smoke. Made from some cushion stuffing. I don't want a long trail of the stuff, rather the beginning of it, as he made what was his final approach and subsequent coming together.

Also, I'm confining the black stuff to the underside of the Dornier.

Here's progress thus far.

P1270534.JPG

P1270535.JPG

P1270538.JPG

Cheers all.

Ron

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Smoke looks good. Looked at your 'Partisan Attack' thread but can't see photos Maybe it is because it's a few years old.
Jim