spanner's desert patrol Hummer

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Here is my contribution to Polux's SIG.

It's an Academy 1/35 eight man armoured squad carrier. Used for special tasks, it could be dropped from a Hercules transport behind enemy lines....Exciting or what?!

Might be a bit boring 'cos it will be built straight out of the box. To be honest, I don't see the point in buying add-ons and P.E that usually cost far more than the kit, when perfectly acceptable models can - and are - made by just opening the box lid....and thus saving wonga for another kit! Just my take on extras, but each to their own, eh?

Or, like Colin's fine example, make your own bits an' bobs.

Anyway, here is the box and sprues......

Cheers,

Ron

View attachment 59406

G.B. HUMMER.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I know this kit well Ron goes together quite well you should have no problems with it It's the same as my build

P

Polux

Welcome on board Ron!

Nice kit, the Ian's one looks very good so far.

Maybe you will do the same paint like box, I suppose...? ;)

Thanks to you and all for join in this SIG.

Good luck friend!

Polux

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good to be along at last....I was beginning to worry it had gone astray.

Anyway, I'm going to cut it in half, add a long length of body in between and make me a stretched limo. Fit smoked glass windows and paint it all pink with some big yellow daisies on the side. Scratch build a roof rack and fix a load of surfboards on top, dude!

Cheers,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Young Ron. Shall we find a 1/35 scale Herc, for you so you can do a dio of the afore mentioned drop. How cool would that be?

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Come on Ron, dig in you got some catching up to do these guys are leaving you behind lol:granade:

Andy

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Good to be along at last....I was beginning to worry it had gone astray.Anyway, I'm going to cut it in half, add a long length of body in between and make me a stretched limo. Fit smoked glass windows and paint it all pink with some big yellow daisies on the side. Scratch build a roof rack and fix a load of surfboards on top, dude!

Cheers,

Ron
Can't wait to see that one Ron