spanner's Focke-Wulf Fw190A-8 ( AlanG's Night Fighter G.B.)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
All brush painted with Vallejo Model Air.

Loosely based on information gleaned from Hans Nees, Lottie's A.A. Gunner mate from Butcher Munchesgladbacks.

Please keep in mind it was painted with brushes, outside in a field, in a hurry by a Luftwaffe Fighter Ace Hans 'Lottie' Haas and his 'Erks' - Not Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn sat at his easel.

DSC00897.JPG

DSC00892.JPG

Hans decided to paint over the upper wing balkenkreuz. He reasoned that as he liked to attack the enemy bombers from below, they would be the only ones to see the markings!
DSC00894.JPG

DSC00893.JPG

Slightly obscured I.D. patches - Specially for Hans Nees and his fellow gunners. Belly painted in a deep red sort of fire in the sky glow...

DSC00900.JPG

DSC00898.JPG

A superb little kit and a joy to build. A great fiver's worth... :thumb2:

Cheers.
Ron

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great result 570. I particularly like the partially obscured crosses. This "crate" would be hard to find with the sun down. Cheers, Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Are you drunk again 570 , these people in the crew you know sound very strange.
Worried 453

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John I don’t think 570 is drunk I think he’s on some of your meds

patient #309

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks to those who've posted their comments on my aircraft and a special thanks to Al' for suggesting and running this G.B.

Cheers Al'.... :thumb2:

Ron

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Brilliant, it looks quite menacing. The use of such colours seems strange, but there was obviously a reason for the choices made.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks all.

Brilliant, it looks quite menacing. The use of such colours seems strange, but there was obviously a reason for the choices made.

Colin - You have two alternatives to the strange choice of night fighter colours.

A- I took the information from Hans Haas's book ' Jagen Am Nachthimmel' published in 1962.
B - It is a load of fictitious bo***cks thought up by me to accompany this build.

Your choice.....

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks all.

Colin - You have two alternatives to the strange choice of night fighter colours.

A- I took the information from Hans Haas's book ' Jagen Am Nachthimmel' published in 1962.
B - It is a load of fictitious bo***cks thought up by me to accompany this build.

Your choice.....
Ahh, when I said an obvious reason for the choice, I was assuming the paint scheme was genuine. Now, given your options, I'm not sure !