Spanner's Revell 1/72 NH-90 TTH

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Glad to have you boys along.
Should be a cracking group build.

Jim. I made my first chopper, an Apache Longbow for Ian's (papa695) Heli. G.B., which we did on here back in 2018.

Under starters orders
The flag is raised!

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I suspect that today will be rather like an Army medical Inspection, with the Squaddies all lined up showing their choppers off!

So, stood at the end of the line, I give you my chopper!
P1320206.JPG

On opening the box, I was surprised at how 'Basic' the kit seems to be. This suits me fine, as I didn't want a complicated model. To me this model making lark is fun, not hair tearing frustration.
P1320210.JPG

....and if any rivet counters think for one minute, I going to stick all this lot on, I respectfully suggest you all give this build a very wide berth. ;)
P1320212.JPG

Cheers.
Chuck Martin and P.T. Moore (Whirlybirds, 1957)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Ian.

I hate green plastic as much as red, so the first thing I've done is brush on another colour - Any colour!
I chose white simply because it's the colour I have most of.
P1320231.JPG

P1320232.JPG

Now the dog can see the rabbit, I can start to glue the model together.
Cheers,
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the input boys. :thumb2:

I've finished the cockpit.
The model will be 'flying', so as there is no crew with the kit, I will have to source some. Hence my leaving the seat belts alone.

As most will hardly be seen under the canopy, it's pointless me being fussy with the painting etc.

P1320239.JPG

P1320233.JPG

P1320236.JPG

There is a bulkhead to fix where those tabs are, so no need to be neat at the floor colour demarcation.

Cheers and thanks for looking in.

Ron

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Your modelling philosophy does you proud. Only just started and already we have discarded 90% of the decals, slapped on white paint 'cause you had a load and kept the mods on their toes by starting two threads.
Oh what fun and the modelling is first class as always
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I suspect that today will be rather like an Army medical Inspection, with the Squaddies all lined up showing their choppers off!

So, stood at the end of the line, I give you my chopper!
View attachment 444265

On opening the box, I was surprised at how 'Basic' the kit seems to be. This suits me fine, as I didn't want a complicated model. To me this model making lark is fun, not hair tearing frustration.
View attachment 444263

....and if any rivet counters think for one minute, I going to stick all this lot on, I respectfully suggest you all give this build a very wide berth. ;)
View attachment 444264

Cheers.
Chuck Martin and P.T. Moore (Whirlybirds, 1957)
That's only because 570 you said you hadn't any ! Also If you stick all those decals on you won't need to paint either.

Good Day 453.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps.

I don't understand why I ended up with two threads. I thought I'd posted the first in the 'Chat' section and the second was supposed to be the actual build thread.....Hey ho!

Good thinking 453. The trouble is I can't see them. - The decals, that is!:flushed: