SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Small update.
Bulkheads in position.

P1320242.JPG

P1320243.JPG

As this bulkhead detail is well and truly hidden, this is all I intend to do regarding the painting of it.
P1320244.JPG

Floor and the turning around thing fitted.
P1320265.JPG

P1320266.JPG

There is seating in the kit for 17 souls, but as the helicopter will have all the doors and hatches closed, fitting them (To my thinking anyway) is pointless. I can add the saved time to bits that will be seen.

So it's time to button things up....

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Small update.
Bulkheads in position.

View attachment 444599

View attachment 444600

As this bulkhead detail is well and truly hidden, this is all I intend to do regarding the painting of it.
View attachment 444601

Floor and the turning around thing fitted.
View attachment 444602

View attachment 444603

There is seating in the kit for 17 souls, but as the helicopter will have all the doors and hatches closed, fitting them (To my thinking anyway) is pointless. I can add the saved time to bits that will be seen.

So it's time to button things up....

Cheers.
Ron
Ron

Coming on very nicely indeed!! Great work as always!!

And love the technical jargon 'turning around thing'....I have no idea what the official name is either...

ATB.

Andrew

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Andrew.
Rotor arm comes to mind. Perhaps even 'Spinning apparatus thingy whatsit' Who knows? Not I....and guess what?

Onwards we go.
I've buttoned up the fuselage. No dramas. In fact the fit was first class, just the usual snots to remove.

P1320268.JPG

P1320269.JPG

P1320270.JPG

P1320272.JPG

Cheers.
Ivor Fyle.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I suspect that today will be rather like an Army medical Inspection, with the Squaddies all lined up showing their choppers off!

So, stood at the end of the line, I give you my chopper!
(570 QOUTE)

570 this had jen in stiches of laughter an really brightened up her day well done very witty indeed SIR an yes ive built this chopper an i really enjoyed my build as like you said it goes togeather very well an i turned it into a R/N vershion with nav lights an WORKING ROTARS an fitted it on my HMS YORK flightdeck YES lovely kit everything that K/H jag an'int although Ian is trying an succeeding to make it look good
chris /jen

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great posts chaps! Makes this modelling lark all the more enjoyable and worth while. :thumb2:

As I'm 'Jibbing out' on most of the decals and a fair few internal fitments, I might as well go the whole hog and go fictitious with the paint scheme.

I'm going three colour digital! I hope :cold-sweat:
I've done this sort of cammo. on stuff on here before and found it's best to leave all the smaller bits off the model, brush on the digits and then add the bits.

It's cold, wet, windy and miserable here today, so I'm able to spend plenty much time in my den and progress has been nice and steady.

Here's where I'm at.
I've gone as far as I need to go with the main construction. Tail thingy, doors, nose bit and various fairings all glued on.
P1320278.JPG

P1320279.JPG

Here is the 'copter with a brushed on first coat of light grey. Because I brush paint, I find It's always best to paint on the lightest colour first. Also, the light grey will show up the digital 'pattern' demarcation lines much better than a darker colour.
P1320280.JPG

P1320281.JPG

P1320282.JPG

I'll let this first coat dry then add a second of the same colour. Then I can way up the digital application.

Cheers and thanks for all your support thus far....

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Allen and Jim.

Nice progress Ron. Painting light grey must be easier over the white you put on at the beginning. I never thought of you as a "forward planner" though. ;)
Jim

Jim, yes it is. The white I put on looked awful, but that was applied purely to hide that green plastic. With me choosing white, I knew the first 'Proper' coat (the light grey), being a tad darker, would obliterate it more or less in one go.

Having rit the above, I'm not a forward planner, far from it, but I've learned which way up is the easiest, simplest and quickest way to achieve a result I'm happy with.;):thumb2:

I hope that waffling makes some sort of sense.

Thanks for your input.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Gary.
For me anyway, simplest, easiest and quickest is bestist!

I divided the model into small squares and brushed in the cammo. This is the just the preliminary coat to start with, then I can see where I need to brush on more.

Each coat that follows will sharpen up the cammo. edges, but the main pattern is now laid down.

P1320294.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI 570 very nice paint work this is in my opinion a form of asztekeing like used on the star ship enterprise very well done indeed Sir
chris