Spanner's Tamiya 1/35 Russian T62-A (Lee's Russian Tank G.B. 2022)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A good fun 1/35 kit. I'm not interested in accuracy or lack of detail. I build just for fun, but still try to get the best I can out of these great and cheap kits (This was less than £15 incl. P/P)

Brush painted using watered down Vallejo 'Air Acrylics.
Scratch built mesh bits and 'Things' from my spares box. Tarps and camo. net made from the innards of a pair of old hiking trousers.
The simple base from my Israeli Sherman tank dio.

Lee, thanks for suggesting and running this G.B. :thumb2:

P1320618.JPG

P1320609.JPG

P1320616.JPG

P1320615.JPG

P1320617.JPG

P1320608.JPG

P1320612.JPG

P1320613.JPG

P1320619.JPG

P1320620.JPG

P1320622.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Chaps, thanks for taking the time to post such nice comments. I'm chuffed you like the end result.

Paul, I use a big piece of cardboard.

These 'Cheapo' Tamiya kits are great fun to build. No fuss or drama and I should I wish, I can go into freefall doing what takes my fancy with them.

There are folks who wouldn't give them the time of day. That's fine, their choice. As long as they accept there are modellers who are perfectly happy with the warts 'an all kits.

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Dave.
Good to read you can't see any warts. You should 'ave gone to Specsaver!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thank you 453. Don't know if I'm happy with the smaller balls, mind!.

However, I have no choice but to accept this prestigious award. Particularly as I see Matron is on the Committee! :fearful:

Your Servant.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Well deserved award Ron.
As per Matron... she's dressed half black and half white in her upper half... something to do with 1940 RAF camouflage? Is she a Spitjab? :flushed::confused::rolling:
Oops, I'm late. I must run away... send a boy with my hat to "The Drones"... :tongue-out3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank you 453. Don't know if I'm happy with the smaller balls, mind!.

However, I have no choice but to accept this prestigious award. Particularly as I see Matron is on the Committee! :fearful:

Your Servant.
Yes she is indeed 570 , following remarks from our Italian dept one Andrea, Matron is taking steps as we speak to expedite her flight details. How ever she is having problems with customs in taking the new hypo system.
Well deserved award Ron.
As per Matron... she's dressed half black and half white in her upper half... something to do with 1940 RAF camouflage? Is she a Spitjab? :flushed::confused::rolling:
Oops, I'm late. I must run away... send a boy with my hat to "The Drones"... :tongue-out3:
Andrea be afraid, very afraid Matron is on her way.:tongue-out3::smiling3:.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
A very nice finish to a very good build Sir. You definitely are the Hairy Stick Meister here Ron!!! The camo is really tops as well as the overall finish. Love the CITB too!!! Excellent work!!!

Now, we do have to talk about this matron fetish everyone seems to have, but maybe another time time when she gets back from Italy....

Prost
Allen

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Allen and Andrew. I'm chuffed you like the end result.

Meister? Nah, some folks might think they are, but in my book there is no such animal. We will all keep learning until we all go toes up! As for me, I just try my best and have fun along the way....

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited: