spanner's Tamiya 1/35 T 62-A

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the positive comments boys. :thumb2:

'Kwik Fit' stowage bins fitted to the turret. I like to find stuff on armour that is obviously a one off "Weld me this on there, it'll come in handy.", sort of thing. As a result, yet again I'm free from rivet counters. ;)

Also, I knew I would find a use for the left over seats( plus a bit of plastic card) from Pete's Helicopter G.B.!

P1320576.JPG

P1320580.JPG

P1320581.JPG

Nearly ready for some dirt...

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I say 570 that's quite a spiffing build you have there. Top rate .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Now that you have gone to all that trouble to make those storage bins, you are going to have to find some good stuff to fill 'em up. Should make for a really interesting build. ;)
Patient 358.....bed 6, ward A

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Just had a catch up Ron, coming together nicely, the camo looks good & it's not just you that likes the pattern to flow from the turret to the hull etc. I do that too!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the input boys. :thumb2:

I had intended to lash down the stuff in the turret rear bin, but went for a metal strip instead.(Plastic card)

P1320584.JPG

...more or less done and waiting for some muck!
P1320585.JPG

Starting to get down and dirty. No mud, but a hard, dirty road kind'a look. Using my 'Yard Brush', I sloshed the tank all over with watered down Vallejo 'Concrete' and let the paint run and gather where it liked. Whilst the paint was tacky, I sprinkled some floor sweepings on various places on the tank. That's it, almost done and ready for the cargo.
P1320597.JPG

I've limited the damage to both front and rear fenders using pliers and snips.
P1320593.JPG

P1320591.JPG

P1320594.JPG

P1320595.JPG

P1320596.JPG

Still a bit to do, especially the rather too shiny tracks.

Then the cargo. Nearly there.....

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys.
Yes, indeedy. The cleanest drive and biggest brush. You can't knock it!

O.K., I've added the bits and bobs, but yet again I'm starting to break the 'Golden Rule' and fiddle with the model, so I'm leaving it be and post the result over in Lee's Russian Tank G.B. 'Completed'

Thanks to those who took the time to post encouraging, funny and complimentary comments along the way. Well received for sure! :thumb2:

Finally, my thanks to Lee for suggesting it and trying to keep in order those who are participation in his G.B.

Ron

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks boys.
Yes, indeedy. The cleanest drive and biggest brush. You can't knock it!

O.K., I've added the bits and bobs, but yet again I'm starting to break the 'Golden Rule' and fiddle with the model, so I'm leaving it be and post the result over in Lee's Russian Tank G.B. 'Completed'

Thanks to those who took the time to post encouraging, funny and complimentary comments along the way. Well received for sure! :thumb2:

Finally, my thanks to Lee for suggesting it and trying to keep in order those who are participation in his G.B.

Ron
Your very welcome Ron and Happy Birthday. That is very convincing and weathering is just right I’m glad you joined us

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Lee.
It was a good, fun build. Now I can watch the other participants without my own contribution distracting me.

...and thanks once more for running the G.B.

Ron