spanner's Victory Challenge.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
View attachment 88781

Here is the box and sprue shot.

I can't find the original Airfix publicity shot posted on here....Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I won't bore you with the build, but will post the painting stages. As with all my stuff the model will be brush painted.

As the challenge is to copy the publicity shot, I'll attempt that first, then I will re-paint the ship and try and copy the box art I have with the kit....Minus the other ships that is!

Cheers,

Ron

HMS Victory.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here you go Ron.......enjoy!

I admire you fellas who are 'doing' the kit twice. :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers Steve.....I don't much care for the orange deck!

Also, it looks like the painter has been too lazy and not bothered to paint the mizzen sail (The back one!) rings. Oh, well it's got to be a copy...

Last edited by a moderator:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Cheers Steve.....I don't much care for the orange deck!
Me neither. It was one of the first things I changed, but then I've failed the challenge by attempting to build a compromise between the box art and the promo shot ;)

I didn't think the copper bottom would look like that after a few years in the brine either!

Cheers

Steve

M

Mike

BRUSH PAINTED?!?!? You must have the most steady hands of all time, I am most looking forward to this build :smiling:

The black lines on my build were brush painted, but I've not the steadiest of hand and therefore look (frankly) pants. The masking tape technique that papa695 documented I'll have a go with if I ever feel mad enough to have a build 6 of this damned ship

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys, unfortunately I have neither the patience nor the skill to mask my models, so free hand it is.....

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
O.K., we're off and running.

I've cleaned things up and painted the yellow hull and masts and also painted the buff sails.

By sheer chance, I already had the right colour call out in matt enamels, so was able to sling the naff acrylic paints supplied.

View attachment 88802

I took this to dispel any doubts as to just how small this thing is...It took me by surprise, that's for sure!

View attachment 88804

Cheers,

Ron

HMS Victory 001.jpg

HMS Victory 002.jpg

D

dubster72

Whaaat!!! :o how small is that?? I had no idea it's such a tiddler!

Well hats off to all of you building this & especially Ian for his one!