- May 9, 2011
- First Name
Some great work going on Barry, looking forward to the next installment.
Get some speed tape on those seams, just like in the modern world!I had some real issues with that poor fitting canopy, filling the gaps and getting it smoothed onto the model. I had to re-fit the canopy a few times and in the end had to resort to using cement, not a good idea with canopies. I have some concerns about what it may be like under the masking in case capillery action has drawn cement under the mask and damaged the surface. I did lift a corner or two and did not see any damage but I will only be able to be sure when all the masking is removed.
View attachment 294136
I decided to fit the u/c legs before painting. These are tricky as the lack of positive fit make it fairly difficult.
View attachment 294135
As you can see from the top picture I glued a piece of sprue to the front to act as a hanger while drying. Its a bit of overkill because MRP dries so fast....
Anyway - I applied MRP Black Surface Primer
View attachment 294137
Overall, not too bad. Some of the areas where I expected to see flaws are fine but those seams are really stubborn. Already I have spent hours of sanding and yet they are still showing through. I will need to apply Mr Dissolved Putty along the seams, sand some more and then see how it is with another primer coat. I really do not know why the seams on this kit are not responding to treatment like others do, every single fuselage seam needs treating along its full length!...