Special New Thread Suggestion?

P

Polux

Hi all!

I would like to share with you all this suggestion. The idea is a new thread.

How calling it?

Maybe 'The reply' or 'The war of the clowns'!

Explain:

The question is creating an exact reply of a real model. How to say it, imagine there is a tank in a museum or there is an abandoned train in the station of a nearby village, a precious car of the neighbor...

The subject must be free (military / civil. Planes, cars, trains...). The important thing is first of all to look for something that could 'touch', then do an important photographic work of it and finally create the reply in house, after the model searches in plastic and to create " scratch build " if it's necessary.

This thread shouldn't interfere with the already existing calendar (GB and SIG).

Probably a model every year?

I think is difficult to start with many members, maybe 2 or 3 should be good, with time the people will joing in, suppose...

Wait your ideas!! What you think about it?

Regards

Polux

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
An interesting idea Polux.

Not sure what I would use for inspiration, but it has set me thinking, as there is a lot of derelict industrial sites near where I live.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
An interesting idea that could be slipped in as a themed build...

As you say the subject would be open to all genre of models, so not really an SIG, or a group build.

As was written at the start of this year, there will be more focus on flexible group builds, along with a tightening up of the "existing" GB and SIG builds.

One of these changes was themed builds. The other being that Any and All can suggest a theme or an SIG.

The themed builds can be as many as people can come up with, be there only three or four that wish to join the themed builds thats fine by me. The SIG builds will need to be more specific, like the Hummer one, and have a minimum of ten entrants.

So a word of encouragement to all. If you have ideas for a themed build, bring it up in the GB Chat. Suggestions for an SIG in the SIG chat section.

Ian M

M

m1ks

For clarification polux, do you mean each person taking part would pick a subject of their own, take references and build it or that a single participant world pick a subject and we'd all build the same from references taken?

I like the idea as there are some interesting vehicles about here.

P

Polux

\ said:
For clarification polux, do you mean each person taking part would pick a subject of their own, take references and build it or that a single participant world pick a subject and we'd all build the same from references taken?I like the idea as there are some interesting vehicles about here.
The idea is everyone choice his own subject!!!

There is a possibility to help between all us...

A support to this idea is: (if the people want to take part) is create a thread of information or possibilities vehicles.

I explain: There are members interested in tanks, others in planes, and others they like to do everything.

If the members want to publish a photo (only one) of some vehicle on this thread, the interested guys might ask for more information about this subject. Do an archive.

Imagine:

I live in Catalonia (spain) and probably there is an English tank in a museum or left, (and isn't in yout country), Ian M who is a fan of the English tanks asks me for more photos to be informed. It's a possibility to share between all us, and as Tony says you do not know where will find the inspiration....

Ps: sorry Ian to post here this thread, it's a idea and I don't konw if it will be a GB or SIG, or just you said, a Themed Build.

Regards

Polux

P

Polux

Archive in the thread : The real McCoy, for ejemple...

Sorry, forget to write it ;)

M

m1ks

Sounds like a good idea, I like it, there are planty of agricultural vehicles round here for example which is something i've never looked at building then theres a popular rally car circle here too.