Spitfire Mk.II (Revell 1/32)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
As a non-wing thingy person, I have to say this is really a superb build all around. Great base, great plane and the pilot and his dog just top it off perfectly!!! Top work Sir!!!

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Thanks Si!
I made a light-box myself with MDF and a 2 fluorescent light tubes :
View attachment 368039

That box is used to light my desk, it gives a good (cold) overall lighting with soft shadows.
In addition to that I use a (warm) white LED (320lm) in that Ikea lamp thing.
It's nothing specially set up for photographing but it works for me :thumb2:
View attachment 368040

I use my old Canon 1100D camera that I bought in early 2011, it came with a standard 18-55mm lens.
View attachment 368041

Cheers ; )
Steven
Looks good, must try to do some figures, scares me also noticed in one picture you have what looks like sound deadening foam, have tried to get some, only need a small piece, can I ask where do you get it only found sites selling large quantities.

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Exactly that , all the red bits were slightly off register but with things like the codes it didn't make a difference , sometimes you would see it on the fin flash too.
That is what I was referring to, also in my original post about this :smiling3:

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
also noticed in one picture you have what looks like sound deadening foam, have tried to get some, only need a small piece, can I ask where do you get it only found sites selling large quantities.
Hi Mark,
Yes you got it right, that's indeed a piece of acoustic-foam that I use sometimes to get a different background then the wall behind my desk :smiling5:.
I lay it down in a curve on it's backside. It's still on my desk so the lighting is the same.

It's sold here in all local home-depots, usually packed with only two pieces in one bag, 100x50cm.
foam.jpg
Other than that you can get very large colored paper in your local art-store, those are ideal backgrounds.
Paper.jpg

Cheers, Steven

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I'd like to thank everyone for the friendly comments and feedback! :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Thanks and kind regards!

happy-holidays.jpg

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Loved this build Steven. I've learned a few things and still wish i could paint figures like you have

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi Mark,
Yes you got it right, that's indeed a piece of acoustic-foam that I use sometimes to get a different background then the wall behind my desk :smiling5:.
I lay it down in a curve on it's backside. It's still on my desk so the lighting is the same.

It's sold here in all local home-depots, usually packed with only two pieces in one bag, 100x50cm.
View attachment 368095
Other than that you can get very large colored paper in your local art-store, those are ideal backgrounds.
View attachment 368096

Cheers, Steven
Hi, thanks for that, will try local stores and see if I can get some, I intend to use it to rest items on.