SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Saw the Sherman. Working suspension....nice

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
m_new_airfix_military_vehicle_range_update_on_the_airfix_workbench_blog_1.jpgr_new_airfix_military_vehicle_range_update_on_the_airfix_workbench_blog_1.jpg

Two images Airfix are using to promote new 1/35th range

( guess no one spotted the Panzer V designation ??? )

Last edited:

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
New one for me, on the GasPatch Models Facebook page............ (in 1/48)
They're also working on a 1/72 Blackbird
gaspatch hs 123 1-48 01.png

On the Airfix website, sprue shots of the forthcoming 1/72 Buccaneerairfix buccaneer 01.jpgairfix buccaneer 02.jpgairfix buccaneer 03.jpg

Looking OK :thumb2:
Dave

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
On the Rye Field Model Facebook page - upcoming Tigerrfm clear tiger 01.jpgrfm clear tiger 02.jpgrfm clear tiger 03.jpgrfm clear tiger 04.jpg

I've never considered the clear plastic bits to really look the part - I have a AFV Club clear T-34 in the stash, and the clear plastic really doesn't match up in quality with the rest of the kit. Maybe RFM have cracked it, but I bet you have to pay a lot to find out!
Dave

SimonT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Simon
It will be fun trying to stick that lot together without fogging the clear bits :thinking:

Personally I think it looks a bit rubbish

Ian M

GB Mod
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
On the Airfix website, sprue shots of the forthcoming 1/72 Buccaneer
Lets hope they can dial it up to 1/48 or even 1/32. just have to love CAD and all the fun things it can do..

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It will be fun trying to stick that lot together without fogging the clear bits :thinking:
ClearFix or something should work, but good luck not dragging strings of glue across your parts in that case.

Personally I think it looks a bit rubbish
I have to say I’ve never seen the point of these transparent models, really. Sure, the point is to show off the interior, but you’ll be doing that by making the whole thing look completely artificial.

First Name
David
ClearFix or something should work, but good luck not dragging strings of glue across your parts in that case.

I have to say I’ve never seen the point of these transparent models, really. Sure, the point is to show off the interior, but you’ll be doing that by making the whole thing look completely artificial.
Same argument could be levelled at museums with cut away tanks. They are for display, nothing more....

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Same argument could be levelled at museums with cut away tanks. They are for display, nothing more....
A cutaway tank in a museum is something rather different from a model, though.

But how else are you to show off the full interior, that you have paid money for, and spent hours detailing? ;)
Cut it in half :smiling3:

To be honest, I think that a cut-in-half model looks far less artificial than one with irregular holes cut in the outside (like the models in the old Tamiya catalogs) and looks better than a model with clear parts.

First Name
David
A cutaway tank in a museum is something rather different from a model, though.

Cut it in half :smiling3:

To be honest, I think that a cut-in-half model looks far less artificial than one with irregular holes cut in the outside (like the models in the old Tamiya catalogs) and looks better than a model with clear parts.
Which half would you sacrifice? I had a Tamiya 1/25 Tiger with interior many moons ago. I opened areas up for display and found I had created an expensive dust trap. I will go with clear hulls.

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I think I would go with removeable panels - The Tiger leads itself nicely to this with flat top to the hull, and a flat top to the turret. You can display the model with or without panels.............
Problem comes with curved surfaces - no solution to that
Dave

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Which half would you sacrifice? I had a Tamiya 1/25 Tiger with interior many moons ago. I opened areas up for display and found I had created an expensive dust trap. I will go with clear hulls.
I wouldn’t sacrifice either side. Quite some time ago, I had an Academy 1/35 scale Tiger with interior, and when looking for a way to display it, hit upon the idea of building a diorama with the tank sliced lengthwise, and a corresponding gap in the diorama itself. I never finished it (of course :smiling3:) but the idea was (and remains) to have both sides on display, like the Centurion at Bovington, but with crew in action poses.

Unfortunately, I don’t have photos of the tank as I have it, only an early one of the hull sliced in two halves, with a new floor (because of the thickness).

9F595679-0085-46DD-BA10-DDDBC828AE04.jpeg

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
If you want to spend hrs of work building the inside as we do , then to shut up the hatches it just seems pointless .
At least a clear sided model shows the interior as it is, and to be seen.
Not sure I would want to build one, I prefer a diorama , but can see the attraction.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Why not build the whole thing out of clear plastic? You could then fill it with water and ....... I'm sure you can see where I'm going here and you're too late! I've already got my coat and I'm heading for the exit!

John Race

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Why not build the whole thing out of clear plastic? You could then fill it with water and ....... I'm sure you can see where I'm going here and you're too late! I've already got my coat and I'm heading for the exit!
and put some fish in it !

John Race

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

On the Modelling News website a new book from PEKO at 28 Euros
More unpublished photos and text of the struggle , written by Kamen Nevenkin a Bulgarin historian.

AlanG

Farming modeller who doesn't model farms
SMF Supporter
First Name
Al
For all 'us' Game of Thrones fans. There are more to follow apparently. The Night King is in 1/16 scale. Just wish i could paint figuresice king.jpg