Spots on the Internet 2019.

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don't think Dave has posted this, available in June.

BOX ART
Photos of the completed model

From Modelling News.

Looks strange to see such a gap on those front track guards, must be a good reason for it.

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John,
I don't post from Modelling News, I prefer to try and look at the makers Facebook pages, or websites - although the effort some put into these is laughable!!!!
re the ARL 44 - all the photos I've seen show the track guards in that configuration - maybe they ran out of sheet steel, or the designer had a sickie............
Dave

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
From ARK models web page

AK48047 I-16 type10/17​
We present to your attention a new product. Model fighter I-16. It's not just a repeat of the old 48003 set. This is a fundamentally new set. Completely different resin parts. Engine, missiles, detailed interior of the cabin, chassis, simulation of sagging elements of the tail group and on the wings. The kit contains details for prototype variants: type 10 and type 17
Not for me but might be of interest to wingys.

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Bronco Ram.jpg

Bronco will release a Ram cruiser tank in 1/35 later this year. No idea yet if it will include an interior, but if so, a Ram Kangaroo should be an easy conversion.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
How did they counter rotate the fuselage with the roto wings? Also landing must have been not easy. This must have still been on paper.

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Richard
This only ever got to wind tunnel test stage. No prototype was ever built. There is no torque issue though, the rotating wing is on a free bearing and is powered by the ram jets on the wingtips. It was supposed to be a tail lander, the wing operates a bit like an Osprey, copter blade when the aircraft is vertical, and prop when it’s horizontal. Another example of the WW2 German solution looking for a problem really.....

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The Lockheed Salmon & Convair Pogo were from the same defective premise, although the US realised that contra rotating props were more realistic than a frictionless ramjet powered thingy!
The Germans realised that normal runways were prime targets ( most Me262s were destroyed, landing, or taking off ). So, no runways at all, hence the Bachem Natter - and this bizarre contraption.
Dave

Jakko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Another example of the WW2 German solution looking for a problem really.....
Not quite. The Germans late in the war had the definite problem that their airfields were being bombed and otherwise harassed by Allied aircraft, leading to a lot of losses when taking off and landing. They had several designs intended to allow aircraft to operate from almost anywhere for this reason.

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Had an email from Revell - about their online shop - previously they only sold Revell products, but now they are going to sell the HobbyBoss catalogue as well, and the Eduard detail sets for both Revell & HB models. Is this the start of a link up?
Dave

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Had an email from Revell - about their online shop - previously they only sold Revell products, but now they are going to sell the HobbyBoss catalogue as well, and the Eduard detail sets for both Revell & HB models. Is this the start of a link up?
Dave
I thought Pocketbond had the UK franchise for Hobby Boss?

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
On the Amusing Hobby Facebook page 'available July'ah missile 01.jpgah missile 02.jpg

And an experimental Japanese Type 51 Ho-Ri.............amusing hobby jt 01.jpgamusing hobby jt 02.jpg
Certainly different subjects!
Dave

AlanG

Farming modeller who doesn't model farms
SMF Supporter
First Name
Al
Looks a nice kit apart from the decidedly dodgy box art and decals

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
MikroMir also do the Vickers Valiant - which I have looked at several times, they also do, in 1/144, the Blackburn Beverley & AW Argosy! They're short run kits, but where else would you find models of these?
Dave

AlanG

Farming modeller who doesn't model farms
SMF Supporter
First Name
Al
Very true Dave. I have an old 1/144 Airfix VC-10 K2/K3 to build at some point