Spots on the Internet 2019.

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
On the Amusing Hobby Facebook page, a 'paper panzer'amusing hobby waffentrager 01.jpgamusing hobby waffentrager 02.jpg
In comparison to a Marder I -quite a beast.
On the Takom Facebook page, in 1/72................takom maz 01.jpg
I could see this with a T-72, or T-80 on the back - nice size in 1/72
Dave

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
From an emailshot from MiniArt.....................miniart bmr 01.jpgminiart bmr 02.jpg
Reboxing of earlier models. Bet that has a massive parts count.
On the Trumpeter/HobbyBoss Facebook page, boxart for their upcoming Pantsir AA Systemtrumpy pantsir 01.jpg
Dave

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
Regarding the 'mystery' of the new range of 1/35 Airfix tanks - I gather they are all Academy tooling - and will include their latest Panther G. I hope that they will be realistically priced, some of those Academy models are pretty good - the Hetzer, for one...........
Dave

Jakko

SMF Poster
First Name
Jakko
It had to be something like that. Still a somewhat unexpected move, though: are there places where Airfix has a strong presence but Academy doesn’t?

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Poster
First Name
Gary
It had to be something like that. Still a somewhat unexpected move, though: are there places where Airfix has a strong presence but Academy doesn’t?
Maybe many know "Airfix" name but not "Academy"

And cheaper for Airfix to use others work than create their own from scratch.

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
On the Zvezda Facebook page - 'available from February' BM-21 Gradzvezda grad 21 01.jpg
Trumpeter already do several versions of the BM-21, it'll be interesting to see the pricing from Zvezda. This is based on the 2017 Zvezda Ural 4320 - which had pretty good reviews ( BM-21 refers to the weapons system - various chassis were used )
Dave

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
On the Trumpeter/HobbyBoss Facebook page a trial assembly of their up coming Pantsir chassis
trumpy pantsir.jpg
And a teaser.................trumpy teaser.jpg
On the Meng Facebook Page, - something different, their first motorbike? - in 1/9 Scalemeng kawasaki ninja 01.jpgmeng kawasaki ninja 02.jpg
Well, painting looks simple black ( and a little green ).
Dave

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
The Airfix website has published a long newsletter - including the coy statement about their 'new' 1/35 scale tanks "models are being released in partnership with one of our modelling associates, but will be given a distinctly Airfix flavour before they appear on the website and in good model stores everywhere. Benefiting from new box artwork and Airfixised instruction booklets, the initial range consists of 16 tanks and one US tractor, each one produced to exacting standards and incorporating impressive levels of detail. Each model will include two meticulously researched scheme and decal options for the modeller" So, no new parts, but new decals. Given that a lot of the Academy models are still available, I can't help thinking that the prices quoted on the Airfix website seem a little high?
Dave

John

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
New from Revell this year.

1547580514299.png

1547580607928.png

1547580624717.png

1547580651606.png

1547580691661.png

1547580701476.png

1547580815868.png

Polux

GB Mod.
Staff member
First Name
Polux
Ohhhh!!! There is a Land Rover series III expected for September!!! Great!!

AlanG

Farming modeller who doesn't model farms
First Name
Al
Already saving for the Revell Fw190, Me262 and Bf110. Can't wait to order them :smiling3:

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
On the Zvezda Facebook page, test assemblies for their upcoming BM-21............zvezda grad 01.jpgzvezda grad 02.jpg
That looks quite nice.........
Dave

Jakko

SMF Poster
First Name
Jakko
I suppose it’ll be easier to build than the old ICM kit of 20+ years ago.

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
Oh, yes, that was a real dog, a reboxing of a reboxing................... Omega, then Alanger, then ICM - the basic truck takes a lot of work, but you can end up with a passable resultural weth 01.jpg
Made this a couple of years ago, with a comparison to the ICM ZiL-131 ( brand new tooling at the time )
Dave

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
ICM have released their 2019 catalogue - at the moment it's only available online
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
hopefully It'll be available for download soon.
A quick flick showed some interesting planned releases
1/32 Gloster Gladiator
1/48 B-26 Invader
1/35 Rheinmetall Leichttraktor ( 1930 )
1/35 FWD 'B' WWI US truck
1/16 Roman centurion
This was just a quick glance, there will be more goodies, I'm sure
Dave

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
On the MiniArt Facebook page - another rail truck................miniart rail truck 01.jpgminiart rail truck 02.jpg
On The Tiger Model Facebook page ( I missed these a few days back :sad: )
1/35 Panhard AML-90 with full interiortiger panhard 01.jpgtiger panhard 02.jpg
And, something really jaw dropping ( at least to me! ) Their Pantsir AA system.......tiger pantsir 01.jpgtiger pantsir 03.jpgtiger pantsir 02.jpg
That looks like a LOT of bits!!!!
Dave

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
I think I noted this last year, but more details from the Border M Odel Facebook page ( yes, that is the way it is spelled ) ( No I don't know what 'Hald Stitching Track' means )border pz iv 00.jpgborder pz iv 02.jpgborder pz iv 03.jpg
It certainly looks detailed enough - If another Pz IVG is needed!
border pz iv 01.jpg
Well, nice to know - Google translate gets the idea across, even if the words and grammar are a little stilted.
As far as I know, this is being marketed in Europe exclusively by MiG Jimenez - although how long that will last is unknown............................
Dave