Spots on the Internet

Dave Ward

Plodding Along
First Name
David
Dave,
I've looked at the sprue pictures on the instructions for IBG & Thunder models. Other than they're both Scammell, they aren't the same, the layout is quite different. Given that IBG is Polish, and Thunder Models are Chinese, it just seems one of those coicidences!
Dave

Topcat

SMF Poster
First Name
Andy
Thunder models wrote on their website that they were in contact with IBG about doing a scammer model. However IBG went ahead without telling Thunder who were well down the design road and therefore continued on, thus we have two designs for this once, rare model.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
First Name
Dave
Thanks for the info guys. It would appear that the manufacturers do contact each other. Like you Andy, I'd like to know if they contact or carry out surveys amongst modellers when deciding what kits to produce.

First Name
David
On the Zvezda Facebook page - test assembly of their forthcoming 1/48 Yak-130 zvezda yak-130 01.jpg zvezda yak-130 02.jpg
The more I see of this, the more I think - one more for the stash!

Also, a 1/43 vehicle - seems to be with paint/glue/brush zvezda uaz 1-43.jpg zvezda uaz 2-43.jpg
What it is, police, dogcatcher, I've no idea - no English translation yet
Dave

First Name
Jakko
It’s a mail van, I think. The text on it reads POSHTA ROSSII, and an eagle-like emblem is, for some reason, often used by postal services.

Edit: I just noticed that on the side of the box, it says “Russian Post” :smiling3:

John Race

Plastic burner and member of the Rabble
First Name
John
I'm another who would be interested in leaning if the manufactures do surveys, where and with who. They must have a market driven plan, pointless designing the tooling and then to suffer a no sales.
John.

First Name
Jakko
TBH, I hadn’t expected it to be a new kit — anything 1/9 scale of a subject like this is bound to be a little more than a new box for the Esci kit.

First Name
David
On the MiniArt Facebook page, test assemblies of their upcoming Tacom T-60 SPG miniart tacam 01.jpg miniart tacam 02.jpg
On the Rye Fields Model Facebook page boxart for their Sheridan
rfm sheridan 01.jpg
And from the AFV club Facebook page - boxart from one of their 'toon' releases
afv club starfighter.jpg
There's also an F-5E in the same series, but no boxart pictures yet.
Dave