Spray booth lighting

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Fed up with my spray booth being rather gloomy. The wife had bought one of THESE for her sewing machine and I wondered if it would work as a light in the spray booth.
Without lighting ...
P1060304.JPG

With the light ...
P1060305.JPG

Simply stuck inside the front top.
P1060306.JPG

Made a big difference and thought it may be of interest.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Fed up with my spray booth being rather gloomy. The wife had bought one of THESE for her sewing machine and I wondered if it would work as a light in the spray booth.
Without lighting ...
View attachment 387903

With the light ...
View attachment 387904

Simply stuck inside the front top.
View attachment 387905

Made a big difference and thought it may be of interest.
Jim

Jim

Thank posting. It does make a big difference. I see it can even be cut to the 'right' length.

As you can see below I have lamp clamped to the handle. it works ok but I am looking for something a bit better. I'm assuming blue tack will hold the strip in place if necessary? I don't have a permanent space and so wouldn't be able to stick them in place with the adhesive?

Thanks again for sharing.

Andrew

49047507666_58cc11c46f_z.jpg

49752970838_ccaed521cf_z.jpg

SpitfireAce

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tom
It may seem a bit odd to some, but I wear a small headlamp, the one you buy for hiking or biking. May seem like a bit of a hassle but I get a good ‘head-on’ light (no pun intended) from any angle I look from - and I also can adjust the brightness as needed. My spray booth is in the garage so the overhead lighting is poor to begin with.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I have a booth with out lights, I've seen the same style now with them. Just like yours Jim.
I added two lights that I had no real use for, one clips next to the booth, certainly does lighten the area up. Better than nothing.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Makes a difference Jim - is that the daylight 6500 Kelvin version? Like the bench lights, the daylight colour temperature 6500K one will render the colours you are spraying much nearer to their true colour

It says usb powered so how are you powering it in the booth? Trailing lead back to a pc?

My booth has a built in light - not as good as these

Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
This looks like a very good idea. Like Simon, my spray booth has a built-in lamp that in practice is all but useless, so I’ve been moving another lamp over it every time I’ve been spraying. Will have to look into this instead, it sounds like a good solution.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I have used it a few times now and it works well. It is daylight colour temp and so the colour looks right. I plug it in to one of THESE.
Jim

First Name
Gary
I have avoided getting a booth because of space but I am seriously tempted seeing these. I have a head torch as well which I would use but again, tempted by those LED strip lights.

Last edited:

Matt.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
Unfortunately not enough room indoors for my spray booth. I steel my daughters room when she’s at uni but I’m on the dining room table when she comes home so I have my small spray booth in an outbuilding with zero natural light. I ended up with a under kitchen unit light from screwfix and a small decorating lamp above. Played with lights a lot around spray booth but found this best for me in dark space.
E2A5F4A2-BC52-4F66-8654-CED4459DCC75.jpeg5935DB9A-F93A-467D-8C4C-37AAFCBDB918.jpeg