Spraymaster as189 compressor problem

P

pliny123

I've recently started to use a Spraymaster AS189 compressor in conjunction with my Badger airbrush. I had a serious problem when I turned the knob to increase the pressure. The regulator snapped off in my hand and now the compressor won't even start. I've tried to ring the Simple2trade.com 'phone number but it no longer exists nor does their website appear so it seems that they've ceased trading. I tried another company which sells these compressors and I was told that they didn't think it was a manufacturer's fault even though I only turned the pressure knob! The only thing he could suggest is that I buy a new compressor which I'm reluctant to do because a) I can't afford it b) the compressor was only bought March last year and was started to be used just before Christmas and c) the plastic shouldn't break like that. The guy refused to give me the manufacturer's name. Can anyone help please?

Thanks.Michael

S

Sky Raider

Hi Michael, sorry to hear of your bad news, the supplier should replace it or have it repaired under warranty. Worse case scinario is that you just buy a new regulator.

Cheers

Andy

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Try contacting Spraymaster and tell them the company is no longer trading if you still have your receipt they should be able to point you in the right direction they might have a company that deals with their warrenty in the UK

P

pliny123

I eventually contacted Wiltec in Germany who couldn't have been more helpful. They are sending me a new regulator but unfortunately not FOC but at far less cost of a new compressor. Just one of those things I'm afraid. I notice that Amazon sell compressor / airbrush related items. I'm going to buy from them in the future. True that they might be more expensive but a) they're more likely to be in business during the warranty period and b) they're more likely to willing to help than some companies I've contacted.

Thanks for your comments. They are very sincerely much appreciated.

Kind regards

Michael

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
With Amazon you will probably find you are not buying from them but other retailers selling through Amazon and I doubt they would be willing to help you with warranty issues.