squadron green

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morn John,

I have a tube of this too and to be honest, it's not very good. I applied it to fill a small gap and let it sit for a few hours. I went back to smooth the gap and the putty just peeled away. I filled the gap again with it and let it sit for 24 hours. Went to clean up the gap and the same thing happend again. Maybe if you mix it with TET, it would stick to the plastic...

I filled the gap with Mr. Surfacer 500 and let it sit a few hours to dry. I cleaned up the gap and sanded it down and presto, it worked like a dream...

Prost
Allen
Hi Dude 1Morning .
Thank you, I'll bare that in mind when I use it. :thumb2: I use the Mr 500 already. Looks like another purchase that will fail in expectations !

Morning John - I have some of that VJ putty
I don’t find it very good as a filler for anything other than fine scratches where you can wipe it in with a finger

Too plasticky consistency and doesn’t etch into the kit. Doesn’t sand very well either, tends to peel off rather than sand

I use it for stippling onto surfaces to make them look rough or making weld lines
Morning Simon, well at least I can use it for weld seems then . :smiling:
The things we try !

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi
Hi I've just got some of the new formula green and grey and found the the same as Allan, Paul, I stood the tube on it cap for 3/4 day and it's now ok, Paul did the same and his is ok to.
I use V/J putty John but find it shrinks a bit and takes a time to dry, I used to use Squadron green but the vapour was to much so went for V/J putty but the new one is a lot better so have gone to it.
Pete.
Hi Pete.
Going to give it a try, at least Allen and Simon have given me some idea what to expect.
Like you I try to stay away from fumes , even as little as in the S .Green
Have had to stop using screen wash in the cleaning tank, the fumes were begining to make me feel nauseous.

Road of Bones

Cat slave
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alistair
Looks like I need to husband my current tube very carefully (or pop down to Marcways and see if they stI’ll have a box of the old style SG).
I remember how disappointed I was to discover how different Tamiya acrylics were when I restarted the hobby. You used to be able to brush-paint anything with them, and they remained smooth and consistent. They also had that wonderful smell. Now they are all but useless for anything other than airbrushing, and I don’t get to see pink elephants after using them anymore.:sleeping2:

D

Deleted member 7181

(or pop down to Marcways and see if they stI’ll have a box of the old style SG).

I still haven't been there, even though it was recommended and I drove past again yesterday. A buddy went a few weeks ago however and warned me not to go until after pay day!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks like I need to husband my current tube very carefully (or pop down to Marcways and see if they stI’ll have a box of the old style SG).
I remember how disappointed I was to discover how different Tamiya acrylics were when I restarted the hobby. You used to be able to brush-paint anything with them, and they remained smooth and consistent. They also had that wonderful smell. Now they are all but useless for anything other than airbrushing, and I don’t get to see pink elephants after using them anymore.:sleeping2:

Al,
If they have any get a couple of tubes and let me know how much.