SS Jeremiah O'Brian 1/700. Sold

• Thread starter Deleted member 4539
  • Start date

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Beautifully done as always Ralph. Not come across Toms Modelworks etch.Are they popular in the world of floaty stuff?

D

Deleted member 4539

Beautifully done as always Ralph. Not come across Toms Modelworks etch.Are they popular in the world of floaty stuff?
Cheers Steve :smiling3:.
Toms Modelworks are very popular and very reasonably priced.They are based in California and goods usually arrive in the post within 2 weeks.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ralph yes its looks great I know its 1/700 but how long is the model ? an is this a libertiey ship ? an the detail is very precise very well done an I love the seascape something im not very good at :cool::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
chris

D

Deleted member 4539

HI Ralph yes its looks great I know its 1/700 but how long is the model ? an is this a libertiey ship ? an the detail is very precise very well done an I love the seascape something im not very good at :cool::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
chris
Cheers Chris :smiling3:.
Yes it is a Liberty ship and it is 7 1/2 inches long.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cheers Chris :smiling3:.
Yes it is a Liberty ship and it is 7 1/2 inches long.
Well Ralph to me its beautifully made you sir are a master moddeler to fit all them tiny parts on is a credit to you you must have bloomin good eye site ?
chris

D

Deleted member 4539

Well Ralph to me its beautifully made you sir are a master moddeler to fit all them tiny parts on is a credit to you you must have bloomin good eye site ?
chris
Hi Chris.
I do not think I am a master modeller.
As for eyesight I do wear glasses but I do not use any extra magification.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice build, Ralph. Especially when the scale is considered.
Excellent presentation and seascape.

In 2017 I made the Revell 1/375 Attack transport U.S.S. Montrose caught in a storm.
Very similar to your ship but it had landing craft aboard, so I can only presume it was originally a Liberty Ship like your superb model.

I only live near Rossett. I really must come knocking on your door sometime and see these wonderful builds for real!

Ron

D

Deleted member 4539

Very nice build, Ralph. Especially when the scale is considered.
Excellent presentation and seascape.

In 2017 I made the Revell 1/375 Attack transport U.S.S. Montrose caught in a storm.
Very similar to your ship but it had landing craft aboard, so I can only presume it was originally a Liberty Ship like your superb model.

I only live near Rossett. I really must come knocking on your door sometime and see these wonderful builds for real!

Ron
Cheers Ron :smiling3:.
I have just had a good look your USS Montrose and it is super and is a Liberty ship.
Come knocking any timd you like I am usually in and it would be nice to meet you.

D

Deleted member 4539

More terrific work Ralph, really nicely done. I remember the Jeremiah O'Brian coming over to England and Normandy for the 50th anniversary of D-Day - and those ships weren't meant to last.
Cheers Peter :smiling3:.
Just goes to show how well built they were.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wonderful job Ralph. I visited the S.S. Jeremiah O'Brien in San Francisco in 2016, it has a lot of history and features a D-Day display below decks complete with equipment from the beaches and a scene created from sand taken from Normandy.

DSC_0091.JPG