SSIG query

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
if your doing the same kit more than once do you have to do a build thread for every one ?

If so can you condense it and just bring attention to it if you come across a different problem ?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
if your doing the same kit more than once do you have to do a build thread for every one ?If so can you condense it and just bring attention to it if you come across a different problem ?
I would say yes and yes Alan.

But I'm sure Ian M will put me right if I'm wrong

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Alan. The Build thread you have started for your SSIG is the build thread for the whole of the subject. So every thing going on on the bench can be posted in the one thread. The only other thread you need to do is the Completed build with loads of great photos.

Building all those Hurricanes you dont have to cover each and every one. Maybe a comparison between the two brands that you have....

Ian M

\ said:
But I'm sure Ian M will put me right if I'm wrong
Jep!

:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Well Alan. The Build thread you have started for your SSIG is the build thread for the whole of the subject. So every thing going on on the bench can be posted in the one thread. The only other thread you need to do is the Completed build with loads of great photos.Building all those Hurricanes you dont have to cover each and every one. Maybe a comparison between the two brands that you have....

Ian M

Jep!

:smiling3:
Thanks Ian , I'll do partial threads of the other airfix hurricanes pointing out the problems with each kit and a full one of the tamileri release , this is my second airfix 1/48 and both have different problems so it'll be best to show these off :smiling3:

I'll build something different in between each aircraft to keep it fresh :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I have another query

The 242 squadron ssig is getting a bit held up with waiting for things to be released so is it possible to alter it ?

It's a big project that needs to be done properly and to do it properly I think it would take years due to wanting to do other things in between so ive hit on the idea of doing the main aircraft on both sides of the conflict in seperate smaller dios

I just thought I'd ask if I ca alter the thread

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks ian maybe it was a bit ambiguous really :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just a touch. Don't beat yourself up about it. Ideas change and often the best diorama are born from change. Just look at some of Ron's. 99% made up as he goes along an

No still brilliant.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Just a touch. Don't beat yourself up about it. Ideas change and often the best diorama are born from change. Just look at some of Ron's. 99% made up as he goes along an
No still brilliant.
Cheers ian , your right it's better to just go with the flow , planning always lets me down :smiling3: