Stalingrad!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
They come upon him...is he really dead?....they soon realize he is indeed.....so young....such a pity....but there is no pity... only...REVENGE!!

100_6859.JPG

100_6860.JPG

100_6866.JPG

100_6868.JPG

100_6869.JPG

100_6867.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I do real like these,s words,and what a great start to this one,Jim,what a great pic to use as your topic,do like it, :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Monica, a lot of customizing to be done on these guys also need to figure out what to put out in roadway open area, don't know yet, no room for any type of vehicle but that would take away from main theme of figures I think....something will come to me I'm sure ;) ................Jim :smiling3:

First Name
Stuart
Great start on yet another great build I am sure.

great idea for the build wil be intersting to see what you use on the road 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Cracking work Jim so far. I have seen that pic many times and it is so sad to see but, useful as a reference for your build.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great start on yet another great build I am sure.

great idea for the build wil be intersting to see what you use on the road 

Thanks Stuart, something different from me this time, no vehicles just figures, as far as roadway?....hasn't come to me yet but something will click soon I'm sure.

as always, thanks for your kind attention....Jim :smiling3:

First Name
Stuart
Thanks Stuart, something different from me this time, no vehicles just figures, as far as roadway?....hasn't come to me yet but something will click soon I'm sure.

as always, thanks for your kind attention....Jim :smiling3:

Looking forward to it Jim

i am sure you will come up trumps 

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice start Jim, looking forward to seeing the figures and the scene come to life.

but there is no pity... only...REVENGE!!

I can imagine those words in large red text on the cover of a 1980s war comic. :smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Joe, savagery was the norm in Stalingrad, will have to fill void in the roadway with something suitably atrocious but not so much as to distract from main theme.

I'm such a slowpoke though :/  and still have to finish other dio in works :S .... wouldn't have it any other way ^_^ ......Jim :smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Cracking work Jim so far. I have seen that pic many times and it is so sad to see but, useful as a reference for your build.

Thanks Si., I agree, that pic has haunted me for a while saying "Please do something based on me!!" I've shifted a bit from vehicle building and now will fiddle with the little men, something different and challenging especially when one only works with scrap box figures. ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
UPDATE:

Story beginning to unfold a bit more:  Heinz and Fritz decide to make a run for it trying to carry as much weaponry as possible. Both are immediately cut down by heavy machine gun fire. Still a cautious approach is always necessary. ¬¬

As one can imagine much snipping, grinding and test fitting must be done to get things to sit just right....patience is the key word and a good amount of imagination. ;)

100_6871.JPG

100_6873.JPG

100_6875.JPG

100_6876.JPG

100_6872.JPG

100_6877.JPG

100_6879.JPG

100_6880.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
surgeon Jim,at it again, :D looking good ,liking how your remodeling these guys,and the layout looks good as well, :D

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Dr Death to the gruesome room please!

Looking good Jim

Lee  

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Niiiiccceee!

Lee

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Yikes!..I just realized I misspelled title :$  can some power that be (mod) correct it for me? I don't quite know how....

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great start Jim , a very powerful piece even at this stage. Top work on chopping up and re assembling the poor guy in the road , (is your second name Frankenstein by any chance?) Looking forward to seeing the next gruesome instalment , cheers tony (ps. I altered the title for you as requested )