Stalins Organ

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Am liking this a lot, had two of these kits (though I never got the over cab shielding) :sad:
My twisted kit bashing ripped them to shreds, so would like to see one go together as it should.

Nice clean work so far and gradual wear and tear at this point looks real promising. :thumb2:
Keep up the good work, am keeping an eye on :thinking:

Cheers, Jim.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Richard,
Apologies mate, this has slipped under my radar. Just had a catch up, great work as always.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Jim and Scottie, thanks. Glad you like it and no need for apologies. It's coming quite close to finishing.

Cheers,
Richard

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looking superb love the weathering and the best up look

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John, thanks. Sorry for the late reply, have been wood working and preparing shelves for my cave.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi, on checking my posts I realised this was left hanging while I was attending to my man-cave shelves. Please accept my apologies...

So here it continues with gloss varnish over the only area that needed decaling.

so25.jpg

The decals were surprisingly thin and went on nicely...

so26.jpg

Tell tale fibres left from the cotton bud after wiping away excess decal softener fluid.

so27.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Glad to see this one back at the bench. Hopefully you will have a chance to finish in due course

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Sorry Steve...here's the continuation...

The rockets themselves weren't too bad but a lot of monotonous sanding and scraping with a blade of the seamlines to remove glue or slight alignment. Can't remember if there were locating pins.

so28.jpg

I pre determined the color of the bands and tip and painted those first then masking them with strips of tape before coating with white and the tail in black.

so29.jpg

They look good on the launch raillings. Instructions didn't show how they were to be attached...I just aligned them to the very edge.

so30.jpg

No stencils were provided in the kit for the missiles.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
They look good to me Richard.
Some how I missed the beging of this so have just had a read through.
When I did mine Dave Ward and Allen kindly suggested I should do the tracked version. Taking a Russian tracked lorry I did a conversion you might remember it .
A fantastic weapon, not particularly accurate but capable of instilling fear into the Germans on the receiving end. Imagine a battery of these all firing at once !

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
the missiles are super neat.... very well done...

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks fellas,

John, normal artillery salvos were easier to predict than these rockets which often didn't fire in sequence and fell about all over the place.
Jim, thats a lovely conversion... imaging having chosen the worst unreliable and diesel guzzling chassis to put their rockets on. The crew must have felt very safe.
Ian, thanks, actually this was made years back and just thought of sharing but was interrupted along the way. The work is quite old school without much detailing evident from the door handle which I didn't attempt to improve.
Greg, lots of scraping to get the seams rounded. The fins as well were a cleaning challenge.

Cheers,
Richard

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Si, an old kit with old style finishing.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Lovely attention to detail. It certainly makes it stand out from the rest. Wonderful work

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Steve, where have you been?

Cheers,
Richard