Stand by for Action, we are about to launch Stingray!

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looking mighty fine Andrew, loving the work thats gone into it matey.

Have fun, John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Way cool. No. SUB zero!

See what I did there?

Ian M

C

CDW

Its all happening to quick, either youre not making it difficult for yourself or your expertise is blossoming.

Looking really good mate, very sharp and crisp even with the bleeding, easy fix eh?

be finished by tommorow night??? :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

B

Boldman

Well I've sort of hit a bit of wall in that the two halves won't join without showing a huge great seam, even with filler and sanding and re-masking and respraying.. .sigh... it will come right in the end but the last hurdle is proving to be the biggest!

B

Boldman

So after a few days fighting with the hull joint, airbrush and home-made decals, we are almost there!

The joint between the two hulls took a LOT of filling and sanding to get it anything like decent. Then of course came the complexity of respraying the silver, then there was retouching the paint creep under the masking tape. The nose had to be completely repainted - there are something like 8 or 9 coats of yellow paint there!

As for the decals - well there hangs a tail. I had bought some clear decal film for colour laser printers, but then the company I work for got taken over by a big software company whose name begins with "O" and they moved us into their offices and got rid of all out lovely colour laser printers!!! So now I have to use my own inkjet printer on the appropriate decal paper. Problem here seems to be the ink used by HP will run at the slightest touch of the liquid decal film, so today I have used up about half a sheet of decal film trying to get two "Stingray" decals where the ink has run, smudged or simply dropped off!

Anyway perseverance paid off. However, its still not 100% complete. The fins behind the cabin should have a white "3" on them but there was no way I could print white, so I have some generic number decals in the post that will hopefully do the trick. So here she is 98% complete...

and of course with the lights off...

and here is a close-up of the cockpit

K

Keith9657

Love it, Andrew. The only thing missing is the neon tetras swimming around in the background.

Keith

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A cracking Stingray Andrew, takes me back to my childhood.

Great work all round mate.

Tony.

B

Boldman

Thanks guys, this is one I really enjoyed and will continue to enjoy for some time I think!