Stardate 48038.5, McKinley Station, USS Voyager

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks Stuart (backonthecase), if it wasn't for you mate with your Enterprise D this one would still be at the bottom of my stash.

Revell's USS Voyager, this is the one with the correct detail on the hull and it even has a shuttle in the shuttle bay.Every so often in the past year i got the saucer out the box and opened a window then put it back but, just of late i've been doing a lot more on her. It's going to take me some time to finish as i'm not going to rush it and i need to work out the electrics for the lighting.

This is how far i've got so hopefuly i'll get some more work on it over the weekend.

Have fun, John

View attachment 26103

View attachment 26104

View attachment 26105

View attachment 26106

View attachment 26107

DSCF6035.jpg

DSCF6033.jpg

DSCF6032.jpg

DSCF6034.jpg

DSCF6031.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats a LOT of little windows to drill out john mate! Its going to look stunning though when its all lit up , looks like the usual excellent revell decal sheet too. Keep at it matey , only another 900 windows to go!!!! LOL cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
You're right, there is a lot of decals. Only 899 windows to go, did another one tonight lol. Still working the electrics out, i don't know how to do it, have it so it all lights up at once or be smart and have it so i can have the main deflector dish light up first then the interior followed by the warp engines. We'll see, i'm still on the windows, 898 now to go.

Have fun, John

B

backonthecase

Good stuff John, glad I'm an inspiration to someone rather than a hindrance!!! I'll be watching this due to the subject as well as the lighting, as I've never done something like that before!

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
How big is this? I see the box says 51.4cm is that the width or length?

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Captain's log Stardate 210810.1, 897 windows to go

John thats the length bud and it's 20cm in width on the saucer so it's a big model, 1:677 scale if memory serves me right.

Stuart, it was nice to see your Enterprise so i just had to make a proper start on Voyager (it's been sat long enough lol). I glad you'll be watching mate, i'm not one for electrics on this scale so we may be seeing photos of me lighting up and not the model.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Stardate 210810.2

"Dr.M'Coy here Jim, can you come to sick bay, I have your new prescription glasses ready and you need to sign for them."

Struth John, all them winders!

Ron

B

backonthecase

That'd be about right John, my Enterprise is 1/650th and it must be about 60-70cm long

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Captain's Log Supplemental, 896 windows

The EMH (Emergency Modelling Hologram) will not help to cut the windows out so it's left to me, but instead of the windows i did one of the impulse engines ready for the red LED's. I can't give you much info as i'm only cutting things out but once i get into the build it'll be coming thick and fast.

View attachment 18544View attachment 18543

LOL Ron i think i'll need the glasses mate. David there's a photo with just a few of my fleet, i have them all over the house too. Good job Wendy likes Star Trek as well.View attachment 18557

Have fun, John

View attachment 26164

View attachment 26165

View attachment 26166

DSCF6042.jpg

DSCF6039.jpg

DSCF6043.jpg

B

backonthecase

That Defiant looks awesome (as does the full size... probably the meanest ST ship ever...) what kit is that?

I have a slight query.... there is an impulse engine outlet only on one nacelle pylon. I'm concerned that it looks like you have 2 there. I don't like to be a spanner-works-inserter, but it's something to check on.

C

combatvf24

Looks like quite a challenge, but I'll bet a blast to work on! A suggestion, if I may?

Should you become frustrated for whatever reason, you may wish to utilize the "time-travel" method first introduced in episode #4 of TOS. You can, indeed go back in time and re-live and possibly fix your error(s)! :comedian:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
LOL Tony i like it bud, i'll try that at sometime. I haven't got to the challenging part just yet.

Stuart, i've only done one pylon at the mo then did another window, will do the other impulse engine tomorrow mate. The Defiant is from AMT Ertl, i've had it years and could do with a refit.

Have fun, John

B

backonthecase

What i mean is if you check out the studio one, there's only one impulse engine, it's located on the starboard pylon, but the photo of your workbench shows both pylons with the impulse engines...

Stuart

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
What i mean is if you check out the studio one, there's only one impulse engine, it's located on the starboard pylon, but the photo of your workbench shows both pylons with the impulse engines...Stuart
Going to look into this one Stuart lol.

B

backonthecase

Ok I may be talking c&%£ here..... please ignore, I can't see any pics with only one, I must have seen it wrong, it has been a few years since I've seen a decent rear view of the old girl!

Sorry

Stuart

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
No worries Stuart i know where you're coming from mate, it's the way the fin's are in the impulse engine. I've just had a look and yes it doe's look like there is only one engine lit up at a time.

Have fun, John

B

backonthecase

Haha so it's not just me then!!! Haha I'll let you get on with it and I'll stop throwing spanners all over the shop lol! How are the windows? 896 was it?

Stuart

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Hi all, while we was running around get my daughter sorted in university we had time for a walk and i'm glad i did. I found Maplin and they had just what i needed for the Voyager's strobe lights, a nice little kit that you have to put together and i didn't even burn my fingers. All i need to do now is get some fiber optics and we have nav lights, oh and cut some more windows out lol.

View attachment 19559View attachment 19560

Have fun, John

PS, the speed is variable on this unit and when it's on slow it's still a little to fast but i'm not a rivet counter so it'll do.

View attachment 26880

View attachment 26881

DSCF6181.jpg

DSCF6182.jpg